Sign in to follow this  

removing water pump seal and bearing

how do you go about doing this without a press? i dont mind if the old seals get damaged but i need to take them out fast to put the new ones in....my bike is apart as we speak...also do you need to oil or grease the seals? if so with what type of oil/grease....quick answers please...gas will be giving...thanks:thumbsup:

with the whole right side case cover off..you can tap out the bearing with a metal object that isnt pointed and you can tapp out the beraing from the other side of the case..i believe its the gear/shaft, then bearing, then the seals..if so then u must do it from the other side and press out the bearing..once that is done u can do the same thing with the seals..but for installing it back i think you should get a bearing driver set..

• Like 1

ok thanks i got them out and the new ones in...hopefully antifreeze dont come out from that weep hole anymore...also this bearing driver set you mentioned...how does it work and where can i buy it? thanks racer24

you can actually buy the one that the service manual suggest in..so u can go to a kawasaki store and ask for a price...or you can ask them the sizes that are included and go find one somewhere else..its simple to use..it presses the bearing flat into where it needs to be..try searching kx250f service manual on tt and download it..u will need adobe ...and get the part number and bring it to a dealer...

you can also get a socket that about the same size as the bearing or a little bit smaller and hammer it down until it is seated