Sign in to follow this  

07 250 spokes

Im replacing one spoke on my rear wheel. An outer spoke. I just got the spoke kit in from Suzuki and all the spokes in the kit seem to be the same length. Well when I put one of these spokes on my wheel, there is about 1/8" of threads showing on the spoke after the nipple is snugged up. Its the only spoke on the whole wheel to do that. Are there supposed to be different lengths in the spoke kit?

Or did all my other spokes I haven't replaced stretched that much?

I have an "07" also and there's a few spokes where the threads show. I haven't laced a rear yet but I've laced 3 fronts and all the spokes are the same length. The factory may have put a few extra threads on these spokes or they may be slightly out of spec. If you can tighten them and the threaded end doesn't protrude past the nipple to cause a flat I wouldn't worry about it.

I have an "07" also and there's a few spokes where the threads show. I haven't laced a rear yet but I've laced 3 fronts and all the spokes are the same length. The factory may have put a few extra threads on these spokes or they may be slightly out of spec. If you can tighten them and the threaded end doesn't protrude past the nipple to cause a flat I wouldn't worry about it.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully I dont break anymore now that I know the proper technique to tightening them, tighten every third spoke. And only a half a turn MAX each time. So you have to go around the wheel at least 3 times to get them all tight. I used to just tighten the loose ones as I came upon them.

Im working this weekend so I doubt it. I did however just get back from Speedworld. Haha I have to get into shape all over again, I am so friggin beat and probably rode a total of 30 minutes.....

Im working this weekend so I doubt it. I did however just get back from Speedworld. Haha I have to get into shape all over again, I am so friggin beat and probably rode a total of 30 minutes.....

aww I hate that. Go to firebird tomorrow man. Gotta get your strength back haha