Sign in to follow this  

01 S jetting specs?

I have an 01 S, adding a yoshi rs2 exhaust, 3x3 mod, and plan on using the JD jet kit.

Im at 759ft above sea level. Stock minuki carb. I ride mostly street on my S but i like to ride forest service roads and some tight single track on the weekends. Will start uncorked and see how that goes if its too loud i will put the baffle in and rejet accordingly.

160 main jet

jd blue needle

clip 4

25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw

22.5 pilot jet with kientech screw

2.75 turns fuel screw

Thanks Eddie, i forgot to add i will be using the kientech fuel mixture screw.

THe yosh exhaust is the full system i didnt specify that. Thanks for the help. :)

Well im thinking about holding off on the exhaust. Will the power be worth the cost. Im looing at $450 for a rs2 or $460 for a rs3 just cant make up my mind right now. Im not looking for a ton more power just a little more pep. When the engine craps out i will do a big bore but until then im pretty content.

So what would be the jetting specs for a stock exhaust with the 3x3 mod? Everything the same just minus the yosh.

Also would the jettimg be different between the rs2 and rs3?

I have an 08 SM with same carb. Stock exhuast with 3X3 mod and i used the 3rd clip per JD instructions. Seems to run great, Eddie should i drop the clip to position 4 i have been seeing you post clip 4??? I also have a 155 main 25 pilot with stock fuel screw and stock pipe.

Well im thinking about holding off on the exhaust. Will the power be worth the cost. Im looing at $450 for a rs2 or $460 for a rs3 just cant make up my mind right now. Im not looking for a ton more power just a little more pep. When the engine craps out i will do a big bore but until then im pretty content.

So what would be the jetting specs for a stock exhaust with the 3x3 mod? Everything the same just minus the yosh.

Also would the jettimg be different between the rs2 and rs3?

rs2 and rs3 are the same pipe,different style muffler.

155 main jet with the stock pipe.

I have an 08 SM with same carb. Stock exhuast with 3X3 mod and i used the 3rd clip per JD instructions. Seems to run great, Eddie should i drop the clip to position 4 i have been seeing you post clip 4??? I also have a 155 main 25 pilot with stock fuel screw and stock pipe.

most prefer clip 4.

Ended up going with the rs2 exhaust. Got it all installed last night with the 3x3 and i must say your recomendations were spot on Eddie. The bike idles and pulls like a champ. So smooth and crisp, and the newfound power is a really nice treat! Thanks for the help!