Sign in to follow this  

still no wrr

i went to pick up my wrr again today after the ordeal on saturday.brought it in for warranty work two weeks ago for the head gasket leak,they supposedly fixed the gasket leak and created a coolant leak. today i went to pick it up , they said it was ready. i get there and notice the left side inner black piece of the shroud was loose so i told them to tighten it, fixed that. i was leaving the dealership and noticed the bike ran like shit. so i brought it back, they messed with it and found out the friggin timming was off.not only was the timing off but i noticed the bike had scratches on the left side shroud and gouges on the front fender,this bike was show room condition when i brought it in there. now i got a piece of shit that dont run right with scratches all over it./ i dont know what to do or say im so pissed off.:)

My sympathies! Seriously! That really sounds rough. And most dealers dont much for compensation since they really dont make alot of these bikes. I would push for a price break on servicing in the future and at least a new helmut and gear at cost from the dealer. I would mention the BBB to get this. Wish you luck and please let me know where this is so I dont take mine there.

I'd insist your dealer give it back to you in the same cosmetic condition it was in when you dropped it off. Whenever I drop off a flawless vehicle for any service, I politely let the dealer know I am meticulous with my vehicles and am confident I'll pick it up in the same cosmetic condition. However, I try to do most of the small stuff myself. I've learned the hard way over the years that no one cares for a vehicle as much as the person who makes the payments.

That really does suck though.

Go find the owner of the shop and have a little heart to heart.

Thats total BS man. At this point I would probably refuse to

take the bike now. I would have to explain to them that this

is not the bike you purchased, or brought in to them for

warranty work to begin with. I would meet with the owner, or

at the very least the dealership manager, and ask them how

they are going to resolve this issue. Put the ball in their court,

then dont be afraid to just say "not good enough" when they

come back with some BS resolution. Dont lead the conversation,

just hand them the issue and let them tell you how they

want to handle it. Sometimes you get more this way then just

screaming and demanding.

the service guy said to me after i told him if it was his bike he would want it back in the same condition he brought it in with. he told me that he had some polish and was going to try polish on it,what the hell is polish going to do to gouges in the plastic that was absolutely spotless. and he told me he would drop the bike off, after i went there three times to pick it up. im not taking the damn bike unless its spotless just like i gave it to them.stay away from these ********, full throttle yamaha, willoughby ohio.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Whoever is working on your bike sounds like a real animal. Damage to the body work is unacceptable. The long wait and poor repair job is also unacceptable. If I were you I would be on the horn to Yamaha Customer Service in Cypress. Give them an ear full. You'd be surprised what a phone call will get you sometimes. They are pretty good about listening to customer complaints AND acting on them.

If it's a timing problem then they put it back together wrong. There is no timing adjustment on this bike. It's all digital through the ECU. If your timing is off then maybe they didn't get something lined up right when they reinstalled the head. Hope you get it worked out.

New plastic is cheap, even more so at dealer cost. Make him replace it.

if there is no timing on this bike then what could they have messed up, it ran like shit. it would bog down when i snapped the throttle, it wouldnt go above fifty in third or fourth gear. and when i accellerated and let off the throttle it almost selt like something was binding up it also sounded really bad. who knows what kind of damage they did inside the engine , plus what i did when i tried to take it home.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Whoever is working on your bike sounds like a real animal. Damage to the body work is unacceptable. The long wait and poor repair job is also unacceptable. If I were you I would be on the horn to Yamaha Customer Service in Cypress. Give them an ear full. You'd be surprised what a phone call will get you sometimes. They are pretty good about listening to customer complaints AND acting on them.

If it's a timing problem then they put it back together wrong. There is no timing adjustment on this bike. It's all digital through the ECU. If your timing is off then maybe they didn't get something lined up right when they reinstalled the head. Hope you get it worked out.

+a bunch. Some suggestions:

- Do not express emotions dealing with any of it. Stick to the facts. Getting mad doesn't help.

- Document everything. Write it down in a letter form. Dates for each thing - when you brought it in, when you called, when you went by, what they said. If it's worth saying, it's worth recording. Tell them to put things they say (commitments) in writing on a service form or something.

- Take pictures of the damage. Write down the other stuff they said. Keep the service records they gave you.

- Work your way up the chain. Start with the service manager. Don't mess with the mechanic. Make notes of that meeing. If unsatisfactory, take your history file, and make an appointment to see the store manager. Send him / her a copy ahead of time, so he knows what to expect. Present your case. Let him know that you will not go away, and expect complete satisfaction, and will get it at some point. Next is the store owner. Request an appointment, send the info in writing. Make more notes of the result to add to the file.

- On all correspondence from now on, copy someone in Yamaha USA corporate. mwakey says Customer Service in Cypress, I don't know.

- Be very specific about what you expect: replaced body plastic, engine repaired, warranty extended, whatever. Don't be unreasonable (free stuff forever, or satisfaction immediately). Write it down, and don't change it.

Save the BBB and small claims court (or whatever) until you have been all the way up the chain.

Be prepared to spend months getting this resolved. As unfair as it sounds, it may take several months. But being determined to outlast them and not "go away" will get you results.

And last, I hate to say it, but don't dress like a slob when you meet people. For them this is business. Nothing personal. Be a professional, and expect professional behaviour from them.

Keep us informed.

/dh

Send you gripes to:

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

Customer Relations Department

P.O. Box 6555

Cypress, California 90630

I will get you their 800 number tomorrow when I get to work.

And ditto to everything the Hermit said. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Photos, receipts, etc... Work your way up the ladder. You will get satisfaction sooner or later.

If it is a timing issue they could have installed the cams out of sync or the timing chain could be off a tooth on one cam when they reinstalled the head. Just a guess on my part. I assume they had the head off to fix a gasket issue so what else could they have done? Did they get all the sensors plugged back in? Leave a hose off somewhere? Do you see anything out of place on the engine? I assume by what you say that you are in posession of the bike right now, is that right? If I were you I would take off all the side covers and shrouds and have a looksie for anything loose or not connected. Good place to start is always a close visual inspection when major work has just been done by some careless grease monkey. If he left shrouds loose then who knows what else he forgot to hook up.

try another dealer. You don't have to take it to the guys you bought it from for warranty work. most of the time other dealers like to hear that you're disappointed with theri competition & will gladly help you out in hopes that they will pick up a customer. If you don't find this to be the case, keep moving until you find a dealer that treats you with this attitude.

i got the bike back today, the service tech said he rode it for a coupleof miles and it ran good with no leaks. so i brought it home and cleaned the oil off of the gaskets and went for a ride to see how it ran. it ran good but it still f- in leaks. is it possible that the head is warped? the service tech came to my house after i called him and told him it stillleaks and it figures it didnt leak when he rode it. but when he left i did the same thing cleaned the oil off of the gaskets ,went for a ride and the mother f-er leaked in the front left corner. i dont understand it. i have to bring it back to these asswipes again.

dude, if its running good now, and barely seaps oil, I would either take it elsewhere or get a manual and some tools and diy, you might not want to take it back to them,,,,and as far as the scratches on the platic, if they are not gonna do anything about it, a good hairdryer or heatgun will melt them out pretty good, just wave the heat on it till it looks a little glassy then stop, its a nice little trick to make the plastic of used bikes look new again for resale at the "stealerships"........

You mean they didn't clean the outside of the engine when they got done? Why did you have to clean it when you got home from the dealer? It should have already been clean when you picked it up. That should have been your first clue they didn't fix the problem... again.

I was on service calls all day today, so I didn't get into the shop. I promise I will get you the Yamaha Customer Service phone number tomorrow. You really need to call them. Either there is a major problem with your bike or there is a major problem with that dealer. Either way you need to exercise your right of customer satisfaction.

That's ok. I brought my bike in for service and new tires and they didn't even have the seat on right. It was about 1.5 inches above the gas tank and wasn't even clipped in in the front. And I'm supposed to feel good about roaring down the road on my new tires at 80 ?

I'll learn to do my own stuff I think.

no they didnt clean the oil off of the engine, there was a puddle down below the bleed screw, and the goof ball said maybe that was where the oil was coming from . when the wind hits the puddle of oil it swirls around the outside of the engine he said. what a ****ing moron, does he think im stupid, ive worked on dirtbikes my whole life and never heard some shit like that. i would work on this bike myself but wouldnt it void the warranty? is it possible the head is warped? by the way they did replace the shrouds but not the front fender.

i would work on this bike myself but wouldnt it void the warranty? is it possible the head is warped?

There is nothing in my warranty agreement that says I can't work on my own bike. What they frown upon is when you worked on it and didn't do the job right, or modify something that made something else fail. Stuff like that. With a situation like this I wouldn't want to work on it myself. When you start talking about removing the head or major engine work, I'll let the dealer handle that part (at least while it's under warranty). Either your head is warped or (more likely) the goofball didn't use a new gasket and/or torque it properly.

I feel bad for you, getting a new bike with these problems. Sorry to hear man.

Is there a Lemon Law for Motorcycles?

I would pursue this. Call Yamaha and tell them what is going on. You have been out of a functioning bike for a while now.

Here's the number I promised you. Call them and give them the scoop. Be professional about it and you will go far. If you go wacko on them they might not help you much. Have all your documents handy when you call. Good luck.

Yamaha Motors USA

Customer Relations

1-866-894-1626

As for the Lemon Law I think it would apply to bikes too. But I don't know for sure. May be a state to state thing depending on where you live and what your state laws are. I know in Florida if you have to bring you car/truck back more than three times for the same repair it's considered a lemon and the laws apply. I hope that covers bikes too.