Sign in to follow this  

ASV Differences

The c5's have the extra 2 years. Honestly, if you plan on buying them, just go with the c5's off the ebay store. For half the price of new you can get.....old but new.

also the c5 are cnc machined

"ASV offers three model choices in our unbreakable levers. Our original levers, which we now call our “C/5 Series” are CNC machined from 6061 Aluminum billet and carry a 5-year guarantee. Our C/5 Levers have a thinner lever blade and are available in a matte finish, color anodized in Red, Blue, Black or Silver with a laser engraved ASV logo. The C/5 Series starts at $90.00 each.

Our newest model "F3 Series" levers are forged from 6061 aluminum, feature the slim forged blade, carry a three year guarantee and are available in anodized colors with a laser engraved ASV logo. The F3 Series starts at $70.00 each"

Does the warranty still count if I buy it refurb off of their site which I planned on doing? Also, does the warranty count if you crash? Or just manufacturer defects?

also the pro model clutch for the c5 has the anodized perch while the pro modle clutch f3 has as silver one...search asv refurb on ebay you can get them for really cheap

also the pro model clutch for the c5 has the anodized perch while the pro modle clutch f3 has as silver one...search asv refurb on ebay you can get them for really cheap

I was already on their eBay site. Only thing that bothers me is...

"This part may have any or all of the following; wear, scratches, marks from being straightened, discoloring, oxidation."

Are the refurbs in bad condition? :)

They say that, and even show scratched up levers in their pictures, and I even started to think they were going to look like that. I got them and they were brand new. Don't worry about it. And the warranty is only for like one or two years for the c5's off ebay, but for the price, you could buy two sets.

They say that, and even show scratched up levers in their pictures, and I even started to think they were going to look like that. I got them and they were brand new. Don't worry about it. And the warranty is only for like one or two years for the c5's off ebay, but for the price, you could buy two sets.

The CRF 250R has the hot start on the clutch perch right?

i just ordered a f3 pro model clutch for like 35 buks retail is 135...:) hopefully they are in good condition if not i will take the lever from my other f3 and put that on.

does anyone else have any expierence with the refurbs...are they scratched up or restored to look and work new again ?

I just got my refurb in today, looks damn near brand new minus a few SMALL scratches. Got the F1 (with perch and thumb hot start) for $28.00 shipped to my house in one business day, only problem is that my cable might be a tad too long so the clutch isnt working properly. I could just be stupid and not have adjusted it correctly, but im having a hard time figuring it out. Couldnt adjust it during a ride so it could be right, will have to find out tomorrow on a ride I guess. Definitely check out ASV Inventions on Ebay for the refurbs, GREAT deals!

mine comes in on thursday as well was my new twin wall bars...hopefully mine look as good as urs emerica...

One last question hopefully. Do you need the ASV perch too? Or can I just buy the ASV clutch and brake levers?

Well, the brake only comes with the lever, except you will need the adapter since it looks like they are going on a crf. Just order that from ebay or asv. The clutch can be purchased with just the lever I think, but don't try and cheap out; you get what you pay for.

Well, the brake only comes with the lever, except you will need the adapter since it looks like they are going on a crf. Just order that from ebay or asv. The clutch can be purchased with just the lever I think, but don't try and cheap out; you get what you pay for.

I thought you only need an adapter if it was the 07+ CRF's?

if the honda has a finger pull hot start lever and not the thumb push ones...then i suggest getting the clutch with the hot start...the lever alone comes with its own perch...but like i said if the hot start is part of the perch and its one of those kinds that you pull...then you would figure out a way to use the lever in the stock perch...which i know (from expierence kx250f) that the lever is thinner and wil not fit in the stock perch unless u have like a half inch washer...considering you are going to perchase the refurb ones i suggest just getting the hot start perch

u might even be lucky and pay less for a f3 pro model withthe perch and hot start than for a standard cluthc only f3