Sign in to follow this  

New bike in dunes!

so this next weekend im going to the oregon dunes. it will be my first time on a dirtbike in the dunes. anyone wana give me any tips? cuz my friends think im gonna eat shit a lot. lol

if you dont have a paddle take some air out of the tires.

keep it reved up and try and keep the bike "floating" on the sand. and when you turn, try and drift the back end and dont let the front bite in.

I just went to the dunes for my first time also. I only dumped it once. So don't worry too much about it.

It's no big deal; if you can ride on bumpy dirt the sand will be easy. I would suggest getting a paddle. If you have (and I assume you do because of where you are posting) a 250f, get a 6 paddle, 8 will work if that is what you have. The Oregon dunes require a flag and off road stickers and I beleive it is 96 decibles. Also, have a spotter on any jumps you may be hitting and have fun darn it!

This thread needs some pictures............

_DSC0219-1.jpg

EricBerm.jpg

since i live in ky and nowhere near sand. why do you have to have a flag? and what is the difference between 6 and 8 paddles?:)

flag is so people can see where you are over hills, spotters are for the bigger jumping hills were they can make sure no one goes toward a downed rider or jumps into eachother 6 paddles will get you a little less traction but there less weight so they spin better, and the opposite for the 8 paddles......atleast thats my understanding of the paddles

since i live in ky and nowhere near sand. why do you have to have a flag? and what is the difference between 6 and 8 paddles?:)

The 250f doesn't have the power to turn the 8 paddle efficiently; it will do it fine, but the 6 is easier on it. They get too much traction. Also, the 8 paddles seem to only come in the 110 width and the 6 paddles are a 100 width; the stock size for the 250f.