Sign in to follow this  

Register a YZ250

Hi all new to thumper talk and good old USA moved here 2 years ago from the uk ,rode trails and enduro back home and just bought a YZ250 here to get back into the sport i was hoping to convert the yz to dualsport more on the side of enduro than trail but having the option to trail ride where there might be a need for a bit of riding on the highway between trails ......but i live in savannah ga and i havnt seen many registered bikes of this kind not even wr's so can i tag it here or is it a no go hope someone out there might know the answer .........????????????

thanks

jason:confused:

i think if you have an actual title than you have the option to get it registered and insured for the road. if you have a certificate of origin and it says the bike was not meant for use on roads, than you have no chance.

but even if you have the street title, youll also need the correct lighting and indicators, as well as a horn and other silly stuff for inspection. im not sure how the laws are there in georgia, but in pennsylvania, the ticket for bad/no inspection sticker is about $60 for a bike and $100 for a car. so you could probly get away with just reg and insurance but when you get a ticket you wont be happy

thanks frosti thats somthing to think about i asked if it had a tittle when i bought it but it hasnt only a signed and addressed bill of sale from owner ......

haha well then you have zero chance of legally riding on the road

my buddys 2000 kx125 came with a street title, meanwhile my 2003 yz125 came with one that says the bike wasnt meant for highway use LOL

i was so jealous. but then again, i didnt have to pay any money to switch the title over and he did :)

every state has thier own requirements. in missouri it's simple. even if the title/certificate of origin says not for highway use. make some calls to some local shops.

ow well worth a try will stick to enduro closed course then might look around later down the line for a street legal enduro if ive still got a hankering for trail riding .found the website dixie dual sport thats what got the kogs turning..lol

thanks all :)

jason