Sign in to follow this  

Engine Vibration causes

I did a search, and could not find anything.

I have a really bad vibration in the engine of my x. It varies with RPM not speed, and it is significantly more than my friends 450x.

So I know its the engine, I know its not normal, and I know its not skid plate noise.

What can cause a vibration? Cam chain? balancer? Any other ideas? I'm lost here as to what can change to cause a vibration but not fail outright.

Kinda odd....I would make sure the motor mounts are tight. After that, make sure the clutch basket and flywheel are tight. Are the the rubber mounted bar mounts tight? HTH.

Kinda odd....I would make sure the motor mounts are tight. After that, make sure the clutch basket and flywheel are tight. Are the the rubber mounted bar mounts tight? HTH.

I will check the mounts tonight, guess I also have more incentive to do a clutch and check everything in there.

The rubber mounted bars are tight, as I just put them on, also I can feel it pretty good through the pegs.

has the motor been worked on before? Check the balance shaft gear see if it's timed correctly or tweaked.

I don't know, but my son's 230F had a vibration and I replaced the plug and it solved it. His too varied with RPM and likely he had an old plug in it from previous owner. Worth a check!