Sign in to follow this  

YZ250 Night Riding Set-up

I'm just wondering if anyone has set there YZ's up for night riding... and if you have can you give me some tips on what to use. I already own an 8" race HID from Trailtech.... just wondering about lighting coil..etc? My Yz250 is a 2008. Thanks...

I have that Li-Ion battery powered light on mine too. That trail tech HID is a good light but not good enough to race I would think. Get the E-line lighting coil. 2 100W leads!!!

Don't buy electrosport or Moose branded coils. They don't work.:)

The Trailteck HID is awesome and for $500 bucks it should be.... I raced it in a 24 hour on my KTM and guys just moved out of my way. If it's good enough for David Knight, I think it may work for me.... the light is awesome! No complaints.... now it's just figuring out what to use to wire it to my YZ.... I can run it off a battery but I'm concerned about the lengthly lap times and I was hoping for something a little more permanent. But thanks for your help... I was curious about the difference between the Moose and ELine....

E line all the way.. I think though, you have to set up the TrailTech battery and a regulator/rectifier to change from AC to DC for the HID.. (or vice versa, cant remember) I had it all set up once to run my buddies TTHID and decided to run my own light.. 500 dollars worth of light is a lot to be responsible for...

E line all the way.. I think though, you have to set up the TrailTech battery and a regulator/rectifier to change from AC to DC for the HID.. (or vice versa, cant remember) I had it all set up once to run my buddies TTHID and decided to run my own light.. 500 dollars worth of light is a lot to be responsible for...

Thanks bikedude127.... that's what I kinda figured. bummer that the electrical coil is $450.... but having light on a tight singletrack trail in the pitch black is priceless..... Thanks again!