Sign in to follow this  

D'oh...

Ill take the leg one the right....:) \

Looks like the left one is gonna be sore for a while. Tell the story, what did ya do?

I don't know...haven't gone to the Doc yet as I'm literally between insurance plans right now...should be getting my new card and paperwork the end of this week or beginning of next. Stupid me, I know. With a basic compression brace can drive my manual trans car, and hobble around, though I'm using crutches too just to stay off as much as possible. Any lateral movement makes my stomach churn it feels so strange.

How it happened...I went shooting up a sandy uphill, pinged off a rock and it shot me to the left side of the trail, went off the trail about a foot or two and, this is what I think happened, I leaned the bike to the right to try to get it back on the trail, my left foot came off the peg to counter balance (imagine it, it'll make sense if you visualize) and my foot/toe clipped a tree and my ankle turned to the left/counter clockwise (not like a standard ankle roll) I'm not sure how/why my foot moved in my boot, but I guess I'd rather deal with a sprained ankle than reconstructive knee surgery. Oh ya, and I was wearing Alpinestars Tech 7's

OUCHIE!!!!!!!!!!! You have a cankle (sorry, had to) but at least its only temporary. Hope you're not broken and heal up fast!

wow, that is nasty! I hope it get's better soon, and isn't really bad... (you'll have to photoshop a stick coming out of it?)

Ouch that looks so sore. What a bummer! Glad you didn't get hurt worse.

I was wondering if you were going to post pics up on here. And those are better pics than the ones you showed me. OOooooooeeeeeee! That there looks a might bit painful! :)

Bah, merely a flesh wound, you'll live.:)

Hope it's just sprained!

ROFL! 'Tis just a flesh wound!!

BlackKnight.jpg

Hope it's not too bad. Ankles can hurt like a bitch and swell up a lot even if they're not serious ...

I rolled my ankle inward (sort of like what you did) a long time ago ice skating. It hurt worse and took longer to heal than a "normal" sprained ankle, but it turned out OK.

wow, that is nasty! I hope it get's better soon, and isn't really bad... (you'll have to photoshop a stick coming out of it?)

stickfoot.jpg

You shoulda seen her trying to get her foot out of the boot! :D

(I borrowed Katy's stick :) )

stickfoot.jpg

You shoulda seen her trying to get her foot out of the boot! :D

(I borrowed Katy's stick :) )

pretty good for not even having photoshop!

This morning everything is purple. Need pics taken in the day light or something to really be able to see it, but you get the idea. Now that the swelling is starting to go down a little its really starting to hurt/be a PITA. I opted for the crutches for work today. I hate feeling handicapped.

pretty good for not even having photoshop!
She did a great job and even put the stick's shadow on the floor!!
This morning everything is purple. Need pics taken in the day light or something to really be able to see it, but you get the idea. Now that the swelling is starting to go down a little its really starting to hurt/be a PITA. I opted for the crutches for work today. I hate feeling handicapped.

Sorry to hear (and see) the ankle. I hope it's nothing serious and you get better soon!

Jonathan was right behind me and said it looked slow and comical and didn't understand how I could've gotten hurt. I parked the bike into a tree, got off and started deep calming breaths. I knew crying wouldn't accomplish anything and I just needed to get back to the car. He did have to help me when I got stuck on a root on an uphill...that wasn't fun. I guess since I didn't cry he didn't think it was a big deal. Figures...I'll cry when the wind changes direction and hurts my feelings but I practically rip my foot off and I don't cry. :)

Yeah, I bet it wasn't easy to shift w/that stick hanging out the side of your foot! Whoops... I meant to say I bet it wasn't easy to shift w/your ankle sore and puffy! :)

I told Cori I would be making fun of her because she can't kick me and I can outrun her. :worthy: She told me she always has Photoshop as a weapon, so I struck first there too. I'm just giving her lots of incentive to heal up fast!! :D

I didn't cry when I torqued my knee last weekend but my friends were more worried about me than I was! I was trying to make jokes, but one of the gals really has that "mother hen" instinct and I, well, don't :)

Are you wrapping it or anything? The crutches are good ... limping around is really hard on the rest of your body. When I am gimpy I try to take regular steps but walk slow.

I had a cheap $10 ace brace compression thing until I could get to the medical supply place this morning for one of these...I had one already, but for the other foot :)

air_stirrup_2.jpg

Its what the doc gave me for the other ankle that I sprained in soccer back in the day, and I was looking around in the health and fitness forum and its also what Dr. Mark is telling everyone to use as well. I keep trying to ice it at work here but it seems the freezer isn't cold enough or people are in and out of it too much and the packs don't get cold enough. Last night I just dunked it right into a garbage can filled with water and some ice...it felt SOOOOOOOO good.

I bet it did!!! I almost got a cryosleeve when I had my knee surgery but I kept thinking "Well I won't need this again." Right.

BTW the second sentence of your sig line should read "I just need one more." Why limit yourself to two???