Sign in to follow this  

need help with clutch line

I just have the best luck! Bike is parked at work as usual. Customer drops his bike on my employees bike which sends mine to the ground. You know, the domino effect. Anyway, my clutch line is now junk. Looks like the same as the KTM's which I can get. I'm just not sure if I need a hose for a 9.5 or a 10.5mm master cylinder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I have a 2007 smr510. Thanks as always.

Simply order either an OEM line or aftermarket SS line for your specific model! How easy is that? With the resources available to us now days and over night shipping, you could have a new line in a day or two!

Tom

Not as easy as it sounds :) Heinens hasn't even gotten back to me yet on a part #. (It's been about 5 hours) They informed me they are having a very hard time getting Husky parts lately reguardless. Apparently, due to the BMW buyout. They are switching alot of venders etc..Magura's website has no mention of their hydraulic clutch? Maybe I'm on the wrong site?

I work for an aftermarket parts and acessories store. I can get parts from Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky and Western Power sports and many many more. Good luck even finding a listing for a Husqvarna!!! I found a KTM part # for a Moose Racing line that is backordered until 9/30/08. I'm fairly certain it's the same. I spoke with the moose racing rep and he had ZERO (0) listing for Husqvarna. I ended up calling tucker rocky and the girl called magura direct and got a part # that is supposed to work. Seems somewhat universal. I'll be interested to see what it's like when it shows up.

Like I said, not as easy as it would seem. I can usually track this stuff down from one of my vendors, but this one definitally took some leg work. I even stumped the local KTM dealer????

Just for an FYI the 9.5 and 10.5 is the master cylinder piston bore diameter.

fullmonte,

I seem to remember a similar thread about a year or so ago. You probably already did it, but maybe try searching here. I am sure I remember a thread about if it is 9.5 or 10.5 Good luck.

The master cyclinder # is on the bottom close to the neck. Mine is a 9.5. I'm not sure about the clutch line compared to KTM. Why would you want a KTM part on a beautiful Husky anyway.:) Just kidding, I would do the same. Have you tried the thumper talk store or Hall's ect? Plenty of good dealers.

Well, this just keeps getting better and better. So a couple weeks have gone by and I finally have a clutch line. Now the fun part. Bleeding the system. After reading numerous threads and spending a good 3 hours on this, I finally get some sluggish feeling back in my lever. So I decide to bleed it the old fashioned way. I'm pumping the clutch lever when It stops and suddenly feels like a brake! I quick grab my wrench to release the pressure when I hear a pop! Too late. I take off my slave cylinder to see that the pressure put the snap ring through the end of it destroying the thing. Anyone know where I can get one by next weekend? Thanks for any help and advice on the bleeding of this. IMO it is a major PITA. 👍

Sorry about your troubles. I back bleed mine by pushing fluid up using a cattle syringe (need not be that large) from the slave to the master, bubbles come with the old fluid and are replaced with new fluid.

Hall's to the rescue!! 👍 Had some in stock. This sort of thing must happen sometimes? I spoke with Jeff and we talked about the bleeding process. And although he said I was doing it correctly (from the bottom up with the syringe as lairpost described) he stated he had better luck bleeding it the old fashioned way at the top by pumping the lever.