sprocket selection

Have a stock front and a 44 rear (Easyer wheelies...) No probs cruising at 75 mph (120kmh). Can still press the bike to around 90-93mph,but this bike isn't made for high speed ,so when i want to go flat on the highway -> I use my other bike..?

OK, lets clear some issues up:

It appears by his username that he has an SM... so stock gearing is 15/41.

On a straight flat road with no headwind, a stock S or SM will do low (possibly mid) 90's. [Keeping in mind, the stock speedo is a solid 10% optimistic]

Bumping up the gearing is simply going to lower the revs at a given speed, not increase the speed... since the DRZ is limited by drag/power not by running out of gearing.

Bumping up the the gearing will make for a much better highway commute, I personally opted for a 16 tooth driven sprocket in the front. It does, however, make a noticeable change coming off the line.

06wrx, how do you get that top speed with that gearing

Because you're comparing apples to oranges. The S has a larger rear tire which makes about 3 teeth difference in gearing between the S and SM.

Simply put, 15/41 SM and 15/44 S are nearly identically geared when you calculate in the rear tire size difference.

Thanks for the info. I going to see what the upgrades i'm doing this weekend

will do for me.

slip on FMF power core 4 / k@n filter -- if the bike wheelies with less effort i will stay with the stock gears. (or) get the header pipe and do the jetting we

will see

oh also switched to synthetic oil ?

OK ! Did the mods and It's like new bike more power and alot more fun to ride

thumbs up