Sign in to follow this  

Need an XR100 wire diagram and voltage testing info!

Having problems with getting my 2002 XR100 motor to get spark... I've got a CDI and stator that came off a working bike... 2 wire harness (both are different) and not sure if the coil works. IF you have the wire diagram and also the info for testing the volts for the stator and all other stuff, that would be GREAT!

Thanks in advance!

BTW, this is in my NSR50 frame..

DSCN7802a.JPG

Just follow the same colors. I'm color blind and can do it. The connectors are matching, probably the wires too, but I use the connectors. If you notice, the coil has color on the bottom of the males. Just match them up. I don't know the colors, I go by light and dark. Plus, the loom has a black and clear connectors, so they go to the matching ones too. Then one goes to a ground. I don't know if that made sense, but you only have to follow a couple of wires. So it's pretty easy once you study it.

Yeah, I've got all that right, and I know I've got a good ground, as I've tested it with my tester.

I'm wanting to know how many volts does the stator put out and also the coil? Also any other voltage numbers for the bike would help out a bit too!

I smoke tested the intake that I had to custom make, and it didn't leak.

I tested the stator and it wasn't pulling anywhere close to 100v, so I'm going to put a friends stator on and see if that is my problem!

Sweet bike! Frame very similar to my '88 ZB50 (now 110cc :-) All i can add is make sure you have ground between engine and frame/electricals..I always add a ground wire between engine & frame, instead of relying on mounting bolts. 'nutcase

I smoke tested the intake that I had to custom make, and it didn't leak.

I tested the stator and it wasn't pulling anywhere close to 100v, so I'm going to put a friends stator on and see if that is my problem!

Sorry I put that in the wrong post. I deleted it.

I GOT IT RUNNING!!!!

Damn stator was the problem!

Check it out... I can't wait for tomorrow and ride it around. It was 11pm when I started it and I'm sure my neighbors were a little pissed off that I even started it outside!!! HAHAHAHA