Sign in to follow this  

3x3 Jetting Question

I have 2 DRZ S models, an 04 with the 3x3 and JD kit, and a recently bought 06, I re-jetted the newer bike using a JD kit and the 3x3 also. The newer bike runs great and pulls hard on the bottom, but seems to not rev as high on top. I am also not getting any response from the fuel screw (TT screw). Any ideas?:)

Seems like the old bike will run circles around the new bike!

Both bikes jetting setup:

1000 ft elevation

Main 155

Pilot 25

Blue needle 3rd clip

Are you running stock exhaust or aftermarket? If stock run the 150 main, aftermarket the 155. Clip should be on the fourth notch on the needle. Fuel screw at 2.5 turns out.

JD instructions say 155 main 3rd clip blue needle, 25 pilot at 1000 ft. elevation. My other bike runs awesome with the same setup.

Eddie says 4th clip. I'd go with what Eddie says. Yours is obviously off if the screw has no affect.

155 main jet

JD blue needle

clip 4

25 pilot jet with the stock fuel screw

22.5 pilot jet with the Kientech screw

2.75 turns fuel screw

I had the same problem with unresponsive fuel screw when I jetted my '08 S. Found out that the idle was too high and it was running on the needle. Lowered the idle, played with it and ended up right at 2 3/4 out with the stock pilot screw. Go figure.

Didn't know the Kientech screw made a difference on the pilot. Will the 25 pilot be OK or do I need to change it back? I'm going to try 4th clip and will report back.

Moved clip to 4th position, top end seems better. I can still screw the screw all the way in and it stays running, idle set low. Seems to speed up a little at 2 1/2 turns.

Needle settings don't affect WOT. It's a bit more in depth than this description but the needle controls roughly 1/4 to 3/4 throttle openings. WOT is you main jet.