Sign in to follow this  

'03 rm250

i know i need a manual badly but would n e one know the stock clicker settings for a 03 rm250????...my suspension is wayyy to stiff and i could clear a 60 foot double and it still doesnt move..i have the correct springs in it i think the previous owner messed with the clickers..would the linkage bearing have something to do with it being so stiff?

going somewhere in the middle of the clicker range very often is a good starting point.

But if the rear hardly move even after bigger jumps it is very likely - you already mentioned it - that the linckage is worn.

Are you talking about the rear or front suspension? Both?

Front forks- Could have too much oil in them. How do you know the springs are correct? If you are sure of the oil height and proper spring rates then I would start at 10 clicks out on the rebound and compression settings for your clickers.

Rear shock- Definately check the linkage bearings. I just put all new bearings in mine because the previous owner did not take care of them ever. Most of the bearings were rusted and almost seized. But again, be positive that your spring rate is correct. Have you adjusted your sag? I would start with 10 clicks out on the compression and rebound clickers.

The only way to learn how the clickers affect the bikes suspenson is by playing around with them. Take a few hours and make adjustments and ride to see what difference it made. You'll learn a lot and will be able to fine tune your bike for various conditions.

I would also make sure that you have fresh fluids in the suspension. Unless you are sure of what has been done and you know the history, starting off with freshly done suspension makes a world of difference and less aggravaton. It may be a little more work up front, but it will pay off in the long run.

http://www.mxguy.com/downloads/service_manuals/2002-2003_CR250R_Service-Manual.pdf

yeah i know it's for a honda, but they got the exact same suspension as a RM, so go off what they say in that manual.

That manual is for the 02-03 cr250 which has Showa suspension. The 03 rm250's have KYB suspension. Unless you've switched over the suspension to Showa, those stock settings in the manual won't be what you are looking for.

Set everything to 12 clciks out and work from there..just don't go out and bust out a 100' triple right out-of-the-box...work up in speed from about 60% of your normal speed. Comp controls bottoming and travel used on jump faces, rebound controls the bounce on landings and mid-corner washout...

That manual is for the 02-03 cr250 which has Showa suspension. The 03 rm250's have KYB suspension. Unless you've switched over the suspension to Showa, those stock settings in the manual won't be what you are looking for.

damn ur right. i member looking that up at racetech.com.

does any1 know why they went w/ showa up to 2000, then ran KYB's until i think '03, then back to showa???

well i checked on the racetech website and they said that the springs are set up for my weight and riding style so the guy before me had to of done something to them.I'm changing the fork seals pretty soon and will put some good quality oil in the forks..and i will work on the sag of my bike..I have never set it up but im sure i can find a handful of videos on how to set it up..the previous owner never took care of anything on this bike so i think i will be getting new bearings here pretty soon to..thanks guys..