Sign in to follow this  

2007 vs 2008 EXC power

The 2007 450 exc has the same stroke as the 530 but a smaller bore. The 2008 has the same bore as the 530 but as a shorter stroke . Does the 450 feel more powerful now , does is feel closer to the 530 ? I have heard commends that the 450 feels more nimble. Any thoughts on this as they appear to weigh only 3 lbs different.

The 2007 450 exc has the same stroke as the 530 but a smaller bore. The 2008 has the same bore as the 530 but as a shorter stroke . Does the 450 feel more powerful now , does is feel closer to the 530 ? I have heard commends that the 450 feels more nimble. Any thoughts on this as they appear to weigh only 3 lbs different.

honestly, my new 450 excr feels more planted, and turns better than my old wr250f, even feels lighter... desert tank fuel of fuel so high up might be the reason for that though

They are both great bikes however they are quite different in how they deliver their power and also their overall feel! The 450 revs much quicker, feels faster, more like a race bike and is more nimble. The 530 revs slower, feels a bit heavier but has a chugability factor that really works well when the trail gets nasty. If you are an aggressive rider you will probably prefer the 450...