Sign in to follow this  

Need help with my Motard front rotor on my 650L

Anyone know what I can replace the fasteners that go from my rotor to the bracet that holds it onto the hub? As you can see from the pics, the PO set it up kind of sloppy and it is rubbing. Also, you will see the fasteners look very shiny and pretty thin. When I turn to the right slowly they rub and squeel, and I can tell that it is a matter of time before they give. Also, the rotor is slghtly loose on the carrier, and the back side has some pretty sloppy washers holding it in place. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here are pics of my Big Red Pig, sorry, my camera is tired and needs to be replaced:

011.jpg

010.jpg

007-1.jpg006-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

It's hard to see, but the back of the caliper is rubbing the front of the fasteners on the bike.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Those are commonly called the buttons. If you can figure out what brand it is, you can probably get replacements. I've seen EBC rotors that come with spares.

That looks dangerous. It seems like the caliper bracket offset doesn't match the rotor. I'd look into having the bracket machined so the caliper clears the rotor.

Those are commonly called the buttons. If you can figure out what brand it is, you can probably get replacements. I've seen EBC rotors that come with spares.

That looks dangerous. It seems like the caliper bracket offset doesn't match the rotor. I'd look into having the bracket machined so the caliper clears the rotor.

I agree on dangerous, not riding till it is resolved. I may just put the stock rotor on it for now. At least I won't have to worry about them locking up at speed. I found now that with a really strong front rotor that I really need stiffer fork springs too.

Will the spending ever end? :D:)