Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto Wheelsfor the "R".

The rear was a "given" front was the only concern. Yes, can be done, just need to carve the fork guard(right side) to keep from hitting the rim.

That is a 320mm disc,suggest mounting the wheel first,then the caliper. There is enough room to keep pads in as well.

Fg

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01895.jpg

Very Cool! What kind of costs are we looking at here? Be nice if you guys put some kits up on the web site for us....so the X guys can buy the dirt setup and the R guys can buy the moto setup. Very interested! Let us know!

Cream Cheese

If ya'll can manufature a kit like this for a decent price you (and Yamaha) stand to make some serious green!!!! You might even start invetigating their interest in your designs and OR get a patent on it QUICK before someone reverse engineers it and beats you to the punch.

Cost estimates would be great.

That and approximate time to swap the sets once you have them.

Cost estimates would be great.

That and approximate time to swap the sets once you have them.

Provided you have a stand that can elevate both wheels,and all needed tools.

If you have a complete set of wheels(discs,sprocket)and the fact that the front can go on without any special procedures, I would say under 30 minutes. If you keep your rear sprockets with-in 2 teeth of each other you should be able to use the same chain.

Provided you have a stand that can elevate both wheels,and all needed tools.

If you have a complete set of wheels(discs,sprocket)and the fact that the front can go on without any special procedures, I would say under 30 minutes. If you keep your rear sprockets with-in 2 teeth of each other you should be able to use the same chain.

I dont even care for a supermoto bike, but even Im getting

interested just for the usability of riding to work during the

week, and changing over to dirt for the weekend.

So what are we looking a price wise for a complete kit

of wheels, tires, sprockets, discs etc etc.

Very Cool! What kind of costs are we looking at here? Be nice if you guys put some kits up on the web site for us....so the X guys can buy the dirt setup and the R guys can buy the moto setup. Very interested! Let us know!

The pricing can vary depending on what type of 320mm kit you would want,what manufacturer for the discs,etc. Since I am using OEM hubs/bearings, for these and the dirt wheels, availability of those parts will play a big part in doing these wheel-sets.

I am getting the spokes made, and the rims are from SM Pro in England. Powder coating done locally.

Since I am a sponsor on this website I would rather not discuss pricing here. I just feel it is "cheezy" to do so.

cc,

isn't that a fabricated bracket to relocate the brake caliber?

Tell us more!

Yes, that is a Motomaster 320mm over-size disc with relocator bracket. It is a kit offered by Motomaster.

Part numbers used for the WR250R from Motomaster? Can understand cost/sponser issue. Lets us know if kits will be online. Thanks!

With all the X-to-R and R-to-X things going on now... I have a small question:

Will the stock R wheels fit the X? and vice versa

Part numbers used for the WR250R from Motomaster? Can understand cost/sponser issue. Lets us know if kits will be online. Thanks!

Yes, it is for a WR250/450F. So, all of the after-market kits designed for the WR250/450F will work.

With all the X-to-R and R-to-X things going on now... I have a small question:

Will the stock R wheels fit the X? and vice versa

Without rotors,yes.

Yes, it is for a WR250/450F. So, all of the after-market kits designed for the WR250/450F will work.

Cool! Thanks for doing the leg work on this! Looking forward to rounding up the stuff to do this to my R!

Without rotors,yes.

Creamcheese

To put the "R" wheels on the "X" do you need to get the bigger "X" front rotor to make it work? Is that the only difference?

Thanks

Without rotors,yes.

ok.. thanks for the clarification...

I was thinking about ordering the complete wheelset + front brake set of R to swap over if I want to go off-road..

but now.. with your setup (dirt wheel for X).. I think it will be much cheaper? :)

From your pic, I am a little concerned about the brake line. Is that a split in the plastic and a crimp in the making? I really want to do this mod, but out of frustration I ordered Distanzia's, Talon rim locks and a Zip-Ty wheel changer to hold me over until I find someone that can supply me with 3" and 4" rims.

supermoto_front.jpg

From your pic, I am a little concerned about the brake line. Is that a split in the plastic and a crimp in the making? I really want to do this mod, but out of frustration I ordered Distanzia's, Talon rim locks and a Zip-Ty wheel changer to hold me over until I find someone that can supply me with 3" and 4" rims.

supermoto_front.jpg

The line was left alone because this was a customer's bike who needed to re-fit the stock 21 inch wheel asap. So, with a tweak here and there on the brake line holder I'm sure it can be corrected,or might need to re-route the cable to the outside. The hard part is done.

supermoto_front.jpg

Out of curiosity how much of a pain in the butt and how long does it take to actually swap the tires themselves like that front and rear?