Sign in to follow this  

+200lbs Pitbike Riders!

I am 6'3" 220lbs riding Pitster Pro X4R. Just looking for a few pointers from the big guys. Such as gearing, bar position, suspension, how to keep the bars from twisting back when I jump.....any suggestions will help. Thanks

I am 6'3" 220lbs riding Pitster Pro X4R. Just looking for a few pointers from the big guys. Such as gearing, bar position, suspension, how to keep the bars from twisting back when I jump.....any suggestions will help. Thanks

Bars should not be moving change the bars and change the hardware (allen bolts) try the bolts first.

Gearing: I always drop down 1 tooth in the front for tight tracks and keep what came on for outdoor Mx tracks

Suspension: you need to figure that one out yourself as its preference on your part. when the forks are set-up correctly each click of the compression or rebound make a difference.

Sometimes the top of the bar clamp is a little too tall and it doesn't squeeze the bars tight enough, even when the clamp bolts are fully tightened and bottomed out. If the top bar clamp is touching the top triple this is probably why the bars move. If that's the case, try taking the top clamp off and hit it with a belt sander and take off a few millimeters and then re-install...that should do the trick.

Sometimes the top of the bar clamp is a little too tall and it doesn't squeeze the bars tight enough, even when the clamp bolts are fully tightened and bottomed out. If the top bar clamp is touching the top triple this is probably why the bars move. If that's the case, try taking the top clamp off and hit it with a belt sander and take off a few millimeters and then re-install...that should do the trick.

Exactly ive heard of this also...good point