Sign in to follow this  

Broken beads on rear Dunlop 756

I now have had 2 Dunlop 756 110/100-18 break on me now. Has anyone else had any problems with this tire? On sunday I was only 1.5 miles into a hare scramble in Utah and it broke on a brand new tire???? ***

my rear tire (bridgestone) has a small tear right above the bead..its basically right wher you would insert a tire iron...maybe a little higher...but it has a tear and the threads or wires are visible if you look into..but ive had only 4 rides on it...i was wondering if that was a sign to replace the tire...was hoping to put a brand new tire at the end of the season..srry for stealing the thread

My brother had the same problem on his YZ 125. He got a flat during his first race after putting it on, and when I pulled it off the bead was broke. He pulled out of the race when he got the flat so im pretty sure the broken bead did not come from the flat, but caused it. Never had a problem with Dunlops before but we are running Kendas now. :)

I have a serious dislike for Dunlops all of them that I have ever run (quite a few) have had inferior grip and wore out really fast. I don't plan on ever buying another, hell I don't even like having a Dunlop sponsor sticker on my bike.

the tear is pretty much a thin flap of rubber that is covering the threads in the tire...but it extends into the bead..and if u open the flap you can see the threads...ive ridden with it twice on the track already..hopefully it will hold up a few more times

I had a bead break on a brand new 756 while putting it on the rim. Nothing out of the ordinary, just put it on like all the rest, and the bead broke in two. Took it back and the stealership told me that it was operator error. Not sure where I got the strength in my 8in tire iron and one hand to break a bead, but logic didn't go far with these vultures. I was in a hurry, and ended up buying a Bridgestone...:)

My 756 I had on my 125 last year did the same thing. I just ran it though and managed not to get a flat.

I have had the 756 on my 450 for about a month now with no problems.

I would prefer the MAXXIS IT tire though. Last forever and gets great grip in all conditions

Ive had the stock Dunlop 756 on the rear and 742F on the front and thier awesome. Theyre wearing very well.

pirelli tires are great!

yes sir they are! I'm running them now and like them. Good tires. I still like my michelin's a little more though.

As far as the 756, I would get flats with them like a few laps in on the track. Good tires... when they last. If I was running a long hard day of practice, I would kill a 756 without a problem in one day. Needless to say I stopped running them.