Sign in to follow this  

Raced this weekend

So I raced this weekend at a local track in Albany, OR. I had not been riding in forever so it was great to just get out there. This was only my third time racing. I entered two classes- the 250 Beginner and an Open Beginner class. There were eight people in each class and I ended up getting fourth overall in both classes :) That's not bad for a slow guy like myself. I was pretty excited about the whole deal. Thanks to the tips in the Semic's section I ALMOST took the holeshot in the last moto too. My new brake pads, rotor, chain, chain guide, and bar risers all performed fantastically as well. All in all- great weekend. I'm racing again at another track in a month:thumbsup: :D

albany is a fun track when it's not wet or to dusty you know that big step down jump by the grand stands. Way back in '02 at a pac west race I semi hit someone in mid air (it was the other riders fault 100% he came into me) and it pushed me off the top of that jump into the middle of the track.

I let go of the bike and I did an awesome tuck roll somersaults 4 of them in a row :) and man I walked away from that my YZ 125 wasn't quite as lucky.

That's crazy man. Some guy in the 250 beginner class accidentally jumped off the track in the back section and had to be carted away.

The track is totally fun. My biggest problem was the whoops. I am used to indoor whoops that are typically all the same size and evenly spaced. These whoops were all uneven and crazy- that's good for an outdoor track but I could just not get any rythm going. I bet someone walking next to me probably would have gotten through them faster than I did- HA!

Do you ever go out to Mountain View MX? That has to be the funnest track I have ever ridden.

Good for you!!!

I'll hit it with you one of these days, Probably in the fall.

My summer is booked with riding trips.

I'm going to Florence this weekend if you're interested. Or most of my buds are riding that private track in Buxton this weekend. Go to the 'Looking' thread and jump in. $10 to ride all day.

I'm gonna goto ward creek this sunday and then my next real ride will be top gun at washougal I'm to busy rebuilding my rare 2 stroke street bike which I just got running again after a rebuild from the frame up it's at about 85% complete stage most of what is left is just fairing getting mounted.

If it weren't for the bar risers - you'd a been 5th for sure!

That's for sure! I did feel they made a difference- Even on the lowest setting I could feel the difference. Thanks again for the deal. I need to find something to sell you at a loss to make up for it. You looking for a used-once 51 tooth steel rear sprocket?

That's for sure! I did feel they made a difference- Even on the lowest setting I could feel the difference. Thanks again for the deal. I need to find something to sell you at a loss to make up for it. You looking for a used-once 51 tooth steel rear sprocket?

Don't feel obliged at all. However, I might take you up on that. I bought the 13T front sprocket but can't get it on (or off I should say).:ride::D:)

Too cheap to buy a electric impact wrench.:worthy: