Sign in to follow this  

need 620 rxc lowering advice

I'm way short for this bike but love it, and ain't trading it. It's a '96 and I just picked it up with only 419 miles!!!

I'd like to lower the rear 2" or more if possible. How to do it, or better yet, where can I get a kit. Seems like most places offer kits for sale for Honda's, Kawa, and Suzuki, but not KTM. :)

not sure about a lowering link, but I picked up a 95 620 that came with supermoto wheels and dirt wheels. The supermoto wheels make a BIG difference in height - might be worth considering - and no, mine are NOT for sale http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/images/smilies/naughty.gif

:)

Also, the seat seems pretty thick, you could probably cut an inch out of the seat foam.

Good luck and enjoy the bike (mine will be on the road in a week or two) - I can't wait!

Maybe http://koubalink.com/KTM.html

I'm way short for this bike but love it, and ain't trading it. It's a '96 and I just picked it up with only 419 miles!!!

I'd like to lower the rear 2" or more if possible. How to do it, or better yet, where can I get a kit. Seems like most places offer kits for sale for Honda's, Kawa, and Suzuki, but not KTM. :)

EMIG offers lowering links for the SXC/640 LC4 models. No clue if they work on the older bikes.

Any good suspension shop should be able to shorten your suspension for you. Moto pro in WA. did mine, works great.

Yeah the supermoto set up lowers the bike about 1.75 inches, that's how much I had to chop off my centerstand to make it useable (97 rxc)