Sign in to follow this  

xr650r lowered?

how do i tell if my xr650r has been lowered? also does anyone have stock springs they want to get rid of?!?

i feel like i dwarf this thing compared to my old L...

n51105337_31448188_1197.jpg

Chris_Clarks_0101.jpg

Looking at it I would say it may have been lowered. The angled view is not the best. But sitting empty, there should be a gap to look through between the side plates and the rear tire. But at the same time you are riding the bike with your weight VERY far back and at your size, the spring that is in there is WAY too soft for you.

Stock springs won't do you any good. You are too big for the stock springs. Trust me on this. You have to spend the money to get the right springs or you are just pi$$ing in the wind.

Have you tried to adjust the spring preload on the shock yet to get the rider sag right?

yeah i tried but this suspension just seems terrible so far! its so harsh everywhere, it seems like the suspension would be way too soft but this is one rough riding bike!!!!

Check the dog bone suspension link to see if it looks aftermarket. Most of the aftermarket ones are either a different color or have the manufacturer's name/logo on them as well as grease zerks on them