Sign in to follow this  

Weight of 250F XCF-W and 400 XCF-W?

Does anyone know the REAL weight of these 2008 XCWs? Ready to ride with gas (1 gallon is 6 lbs)

KTM website says 250 XCF-W 223.98 lbs, this sounds like a light bike..... (www.motorcycle.com says 231 lbs)

And what is a real weight for the 400 XCF-W

KTM says 247.36 lbs

Not interested in speculation, if anyone has real numbers that would be great!

Thanks

Tom

That should tell you that there is a 24Lb difference in the bikes. Put a 350 HT Racing kit on the 250 XCFW and it will out run the 400 and even the 450 with ease.

Dwight

I think 300cc or even 350 would be the perfect engine size for a lightweight tight-woods weapon! Especially if it actually weighs 224lbs.

.....before this thread diverges too far from the subject,

....is there someone out there who can throw a 250 or 400/525 XCFW on a scale?

Gas is 6 lbs/gallon - I can get to the weight if you have a good estimate of how much fuel.

Or if anyone wants to post the real no BS number ------> ready to ride but empty tank.

To weigh a bike put the front wheel on a scale and the rear wheel on a couple 2X4s or anything to make the bike perfectly level and balance it with one finger. Then weigh the rear wheel the same way, and post both (front and rear) weights.

I thought gas was 8lbs a gallon... 16oz=1lbs 128/16=8 ???

No, Gas is 6lbs per Gallon per the Federal Aviation Admin. .

Dwight

I weighed my 2008 250 XCFW when it was new. I think it weighed about 228 pounds without fuel but with oil. It feels very light compared to a 400 or 450.

water's 8lb/gallon. gas es mas lighto

i was going to say that, but I second guessed myself and didn't feel like giving out wrong info... again... :) sorry

makes sense though, oil floats on top of water, so it should be lighter right?

Does anyone know the REAL weight of these 2008 XCWs? Ready to ride with gas (1 gallon is 6 lbs)

KTM website says 250 XCF-W 223.98 lbs, this sounds like a light bike..... (www.motorcycle.com says 231 lbs)

And what is a real weight for the 400 XCF-W

KTM says 247.36 lbs

Not interested in speculation, if anyone has real numbers that would be great!

Thanks

Tom

Tom just so you know they did not make a 400 XCF-W in 2008. Stopped in 2007 but it is being reintroduced for 2009 with the new motor design.

Thanks for the info! I need lightness for where I ride. I rode a 2007 400 exc and liked it! I dropped onto it and it fit like a glove. I'd like to try a 250 XCFW sometime.

Would be great if someone who has a bone-stock 250 XCFW can throw it on the scale and---> and post REAL numbers for this thread.

I weighed a new 2007 CRF250X at the dealer yesterday it was exactly as Hondas 2008 claimed weight - 253 lbs full tank ready to ride. (133lbs rear wheel and 120 lbs front on a calibrated scale). Easy to weigh a bike just put the 'other' wheel on a block to raise it same height as the scale).

TIA

In French mag MOTO VERTE, they measured a difference of 18pounds w/o fuel between the European EXC-F250 and the EXC-R 400, both 2009, BUT commented, that the bikes FEEL are more like 40 pounds different.

They also tested the new 400 against a 300cc bored 250, and said the 300 felt quicker and more fun, and that in the (good traction) special test it was a smidgen quicker, but that the 400 for long rides is way less tiring to ride, and especially for novices, whereas the 300 excelled for pro riders.

Overall, the 2009 suspension seems to have made a major progress.

Yes I know of the 400, I like that engine - Great woods powerband. If I wasn't looking for lightweight the 400 would be the bike for me.

I heard of a 315 that has been seen hanging around the Northwest.... I WILL ride it someday (Trav you hiding from me?)

Tom