Sign in to follow this  

XR 350R worth?

I have an XR350 that I have had for over 12 years that I got from my uncle the original owner that I would like to sell. I was just wondering what you guys think it might be worth? It shows it's age with some faded plastics and a few tears in the seat, but it runs great and I have done a full rebuild on it one time a few years back. One problem is that I don't have a title for it. I use this as a loaner bike for my buddies since I bought a new bike in 06 and now never have anyone to lend it to. So I was thinking about selling it to buy my girlfriend a bike to ride.

Thanks,

Brian

Honestly, without title it isn't worth much. I would get the paperwork in order first.

Got pics?

I was kinda thinking that too. I don't have any pics right now it is at my friends house I was letting her boyfriend ride it when we all go riding. I am getting it back on thursday to clean it up.

Even very good shape bikes aren't worth much/any over 1,000. Beater looking and your talking 300-400 around here. Maybe 500. Parts add up quick with shipping, I've got well over 2k in my 350, just in parts, rebuilding the motor and powdercoating the frame and swingarm. Not counting the $800 I paid for it.

My buddy gave $1000 in May for his '84, and it had the usual wear for a bike of that age. I just paid $1200 for mine ('85) earlier this summer. It was super clean, with new tires/grips/handguards, and ran fantastic. Hope that helps!

friend of mine paid 900 for his 2 years ago. Still runs like a tank. heard they are getting harder to find parts for. heck, the spark plug wrench is worth a gold mine alone, lol.

Well I use to see the old XR's go for quite a bit. I probably wouldn't even sell it if it's less than a grand but I also wouldn't expect much more. I put $800 into parts for a rebuild it's been a few years but it has hardly been ridden.

I tink - she's a wortha maybe a grand. In parts on e-bay alot more, but that is a pain in the ass. Paperwork in order and clean and some investment made - tires, chain etc, smooth feelin (read new) cables, some rattle can paint here and there. freshen up the plastic with a acerbis front and rear fender, new set of bars and grips, levers, nice lookin tank, fresh decals, I'm a thinkin 1500-2000.

Did that to a basket case 1993 XR650L paid 300.00 for it sank in some $$ for parts as described above and sold for 2,300

unless it looks REALLY nice. There just aren't enough people out there willing to deal with 20+ year old bikes.

No way you'll get 1500-2000 even with new plastic, NEWLY rebuilt motor, etc

AINT" HAPPENING. :)

friend of mine paid 900 for his 2 years ago. Still runs like a tank. heard they are getting harder to find parts for. heck, the spark plug wrench is worth a gold mine alone, lol.

Plug wrench available from any dealer.