Sign in to follow this  

What kind of carb is this ?

fcr mx. has removable intake bell. as long as its in good operating shape. should be good to go

A removable intake bell dosn't indicate it is a MX carb as non MX also have removable intake bells.

FCR MX, you can see the AP sprin/screw on the right hand side.

have fun,

j.

The AP spring and screw are on the right hand side of normal FCR's aswell..

I can't remember the exact external differences but on the MX carb you have a removable leak jet in the bottom of the float bowl, the other dosn't.

Its got a hot start (which you'll probably not use) and a TPS (which theres not alot of point using) but no choke. Not the end of the world, if its setup up ok then a couple of twist from the throttle and the AP does the rest for you. Unless you live somewhere really cold shouldn't be a problem..

:)

This is how an non MX/ "old style" FCR looks like

IMG_2651.jpg

Yeah it had some dirt on it but i cleaned it really well before i installed it !

I have an FCR MX on my DRZ from a 2002 YZ426F. It has TPS, Choke and Hotstart. The choke has a black knob and the hotstart has a red knob. I have used the hot start on occasion when trail riding and dumping with a delay in getting it upright. The microfiche for an 01' YZ426f shows both hotstart and choke? Here is a link.

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/4/Make/Yamaha/YearID/42/Year/2001/ModelID/5996/Model/YZ426F/GroupID/242476/Group/CARBURETOR

The AP spring and screw are on the right hand side of normal FCR's aswell..

No, it is located on the bottom, I've one :)

have fun,

j.

No, it is located on the bottom, I've one :)

have fun,

j.

Do you have a slant body or straight body though? I'm not refering to the old style slant body like SMIAS posted a picture of.

DPSMITH, some model YZ426F's may have come with both but this carb in question dosn't have a choke. :D