Sign in to follow this  

TM 300, bottom end torque!

G'day guys,

Im looking at buying a 04 TM 300e!

I currently ride a 06 250exc, 90% single trail, and this bike has been great for this purpose.

My question is! Is the TM going to be as good or even better?

I keep reading and hearing of the lack of bottom end torque on the TM, and this concerns me a bit as i ride mostly in the bottom end for the tight s/t i like to do.

Can somebody tell me if the TM300 will have at least the same torque as my Kato? I cant imagine that it wouldn't.

Cheers.

From the personal opinions I've read, there's plenty of torque. And you can always change the exhaust valve springs to regulate the torque delivery.

There is a fella on the Gasser forum and he rides a TM300 and a Gasgas 300EC as well. He said the TM300 is like ridding a 250EC for bottom end and like a CR500 for top end. I dont think you will be sorry.

In the magazines, i've noticed that they too sometimes mention poor bottom end, but they usually contribute that to poor jetting form the factory. I dont think you'll have any problem with it at all once it sall jetted correctly

My TM 300EN seems pretty torquey low end but doesn't rev out like a smaller bike. Jetting is awful from the factory and i've gone to a 38 (from 42) pilot jet just to get the airscrew to do anything. I've leaned off a clip on the needle but still runs a little rich midrange. The bike's supermoto'ed and even with gearing down to 13/39 still wheelies off the throttle in the first three gears, i dare say it's even more torquey with standard enduro gearing!!