Help in choosing a new bike .

I would like some input from those of you who have gone from 2 stroke to 4 stroke offroad bikes , if you are happy with your choice , what kind of riding do you do ?

I ride a Husqvarna WR 250 2t and am considering a Husky TE 250 4t or Yamaha WR 250 4t .

I test rode a TE for a day which was an ex race bike , handling , suspension , ease of riding , hydraulic clutch ,elec start was all great .

My only negative was the straight line power , which I felt was lacking ( could be because the bike is a bit tired ) as mates have 4t 250's and seem to beable to stay reasonably close to my 2 stroke .

I also rode a stock WR 250 4t ( short ride ) and it did impress me with .

BTW - my riding is mostly technical , muddy and rocky type riding .

I have no interest in a KTM .

Its mostly just rider skill when it comes stuff like that they shouldn't be able to keep up easily with you like that. I've ridden a wr250f and a yz250 setup for woods before. And i liked the yz more because it was funner and obviously had more power. But its just preference Honestly.

I have a 250F and a KTM 2 stroke.

The 250F is great for riding around with my wife, gets good fuel mileage, but feels heavy compared to the KTM.

If I go riding anywhere technical, hills, trails up in the mountains, stuff like that...I always take the 2 stroke. Compared to the 250F it is like cheating. Way easier to ride through that kind of stuff. Lighter. More fun. Won't stall. Easier to start. You get the idea.

• 2 weeks later...