Sign in to follow this  

crf230 or ttr230

hi guys just a quick one for my wife to be, she would like some feedback on the crf230 vs ttr230 please. cheers thanks :)

I have a CRF230 as well as a TTR125L. I am not sure how tall your wife is, but the TTR125L is a great bike. My girlfriend rides it and likes it alot. It is much lighter than either the TTR230 or CRF230. All in all, I don't think you can go wrong with either bike. I would make my decision based on which one you can find for the right price. I have always had Yamahas until I bought the CRF and have no regrets.

You are asking a Honda forum for a recommendation ?

I also have a Yamaha TTR125L for my wife and she and I both love it. Light and actually needs a 15T counter sprocket as it comes geared too low.

If she is big enough to handle a larger bike , I think the CRF230F gets the nod by just a little bit.

Dwight

I wonder if this has ever been discussed before?

Hmmm, :) over 7000 threads in here, if there was just a way to ........... :D

I wonder if this has ever been discussed before?

Hmmm, :D over 7000 threads in here, if there was just a way to ........... :banghead:

LOL............... Your a funny one. I usually just look at the first page, maybe the second. That's all the time I like to take looking for my questions. I'm aware you can do a search, but maybe we figure it's just faster to type it?:worthy: I'm glad I saw this because I was ready to ask about going from a TTR125 and stepping up to the CRF230. It is my first year on the dirt and the 125 is to small for me and the mountain trail rides we do. It works and all I just want a bigger bike that doesn't bounce me all over the place and one I can stand on. So my question was answered by the thread. I've sat on both bikes, only road the CRF. Nice bike and we can get a 2008 for 2,500. That seems to be a good price.:ride: Oh and my hub lovessss his Honda.:)

well thanx for the feedback,,,Kelly just got an 07 low low km crf230. now just have to take off the light. where can i get a front plate from?

LOL............... Your a funny one. ........................................................................................................................... Nice bike and we can get a 2008 for 2,500. That seems to be a good price.:)

Wow! That seems like a great price! I got my 2003 for $2500 but I bought from a lady that doesn't ride & she won it one the Price is Right. I just lucked into it! Yes, my 230 has been on national television. :D

i cant find any specific one from mxsouth or bto, is there a generic one to fit or a cr85?

im talking about the front plate here, sorry i didnt make that clear. i want to get this bike just right for her as she deserves a little good fortune

Honda part number: 61140-KPS-900ZA you should be able to get it from your dealer.

Online TT Store can get you a really good deal.

Service Honda may be the lowest online.

Here's the parts from Ronayers.com:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/1/Make/Honda/YearID/48/Year/2007/ModelID/5009/Model/CRF230F/GroupID/173165/Group/HANDLEBAR_/_TOP_BRIDGE

item 6: http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts.cfm?SearchString=61140-KPS-900ZA&adv=5&kw=fiche.ronayers.com

LOL............... Your a funny one. I usually just look at the first page, maybe the second. That's all the time I like to take looking for my questions. I'm aware you can do a search, but maybe we figure it's just faster to type it?:D I'm glad I saw this because I was ready to ask about going from a TTR125 and stepping up to the CRF230. It is my first year on the dirt and the 125 is to small for me and the mountain trail rides we do. It works and all I just want a bigger bike that doesn't bounce me all over the place and one I can stand on. So my question was answered by the thread. I've sat on both bikes, only road the CRF. Nice bike and we can get a 2008 for 2,500. That seems to be a good price.:worthy: Oh and my hub lovessss his Honda.:)

Actually I search for everything and I can hardly find it. I type exactly what I want to find out and it gives me 10000 threads about stuff I dont care about. Then when i do the advanced search I get no results :ride:

Wow! That seems like a great price! I got my 2003 for $2500 but I bought from a lady that doesn't ride & she won it one the Price is Right. I just lucked into it! Yes, my 230 has been on national television. :D

WOW!!! Your bike is kind of famous. Well that bike sold. We though about it to long. Actually wanted to sell the one I have before getting the other. So we are trying to do that and look for the best deal.:)