Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 380 sx parts question

i am about to bye one of these. But before that i have som questions. Do the 380 sx and some other ktm mx share the same parts and plastics? frame? is the parts expensive? modellchanges through 98 and 01 or which years where they manufactured? known problems? FILL ME IN :)

same plastics, hard to jet the carb so the motor is smooth

same plastics as? 250? 525?

same as the 2st bikes

so it must be the same frames?

no, just the upper portions and the subframe, the lower is different for the larger motor.

one thing more. it has 21" and 19" rims? one some pics there seems that the front is smaller

same plastics, hard to jet the carb so the motor is smooth

The 380's were notoriously tough to jet, but I found the JD Jet kit cures my ills.

Plastics are the same as any of the other 2-strokes of the same era....nice thing is, the fender isn't part of the number plates.

Nice thing about the 380-no power shortage, even when they're not running perfect!

Ive seen some sx 380's with 2004 onwards plastics, the front shrouds fit on right? What about the back panels, does the air filter box need to be changed to one from the same model as the plastics if its a newer one?

yes, you need the newer subframe air box etc. But with the 380 I wont say it will all fit for sure since I dont know for sure. Is the 250-300 the same as the 380 frame? If so then it would work. Im just not sure of little differences there might be in the 380 frame. With KTM it may be the same, they are good at that so parts interchange.