Sign in to follow this  

No Air In One Fork Bleeder

I had a buddy replace the seals in my left fork as it was leaking. He didnt have time two do both sides. So I will do other side another day as it still has no leaks. Anyway when I bleed the air off the bleeders now I get the ussual puff of air in the right fork , but the left fork with the new seals has no air build up. Does this sound right? Thanks in advance for any info

Its normal. Both forks dont always build up air at the same rate. Just ride it, and I bet it will build up a lil air in the future.

my only concern is old oil in one fork and new oil in the other. You won't get the full benefit of the fresh fluids in both forks. I would change the other legs oil as soon as you can. And the thing would be if you have the same oil volume in both of your forks. Make sure you change inner/outer chamber oil at the same time.

Thanks for help on this one. Ya I am going to do other fork soon. Just didnt like oil dripping so was happy to get that one done. I have only ridden once since it was done so we'll see about air bleed off next time. I know in the past I had air coming from each bleeder. Sure like this Forum!!....