Sign in to follow this  

riders wieght or age ?

Just wondering when buying a bike do you go buy riders age or wieght i am 36 and 125 pounds and i ride a 88 xr250r bike is heavy.But i just got a 88 cr125 this bike is a lot lighter and easyer to ride.The xr is my baby and i love it for long rides but if i go up a hill and fall down it sucks to get it down the cr seems it would be easyer for me being a liter bike.But how is the cr125 for hill climbs?

CR125 is ok for hill climbs as long as you keep it in the power band. Which means if the climb is very technical requiring a lot of maneuvering you are going to need to be very good with the clutch and maintain your momentum.

Your XR250 has more low end grunt and will be more forgiving of less than perfect speed control.

I don't think that I would really go for a 125 for hill climbing. You just don't have the power there. You are light enough that you could make it work. One thing is for certain, that if you can make a 125 hill climb, then you are a badass. Assuming we are talking about legitimate hill climbs here. And yes, you go by the weight and height of a rider. Age has nothing to do with it, unless you are looking at a motorized cart for old people.

Thanks dude and i am just talking about playing around on some hills do you no about how far you can go on a tank of gas it's a 1.5 tank that stock i think and how long can you keep the cr125 open in 6th? My first 2 smoker in 25 years

You can get in some pretty good riding sessions on a 125. Even though the tank is small. The thing that matters most however, is the type of riding you are doing. If you are talking about being wide open for extended periods of time then you won't get alot mileage out of a tank. Nor the top end. Plus, if you want to hang wide open for a while then you are looking for speed it sounds. In that case, something a little bigger may be in order. But, have fun with it. You might want to think about looking into a bigger tank.

IMS makes one for your bike that is a 3.6 gallon one. It runs about 280.00. But maybe worth it if you are wanting to cruise around for man than a two hour stint with out heading back to get gas.

I bought it do learn how to climb hills and jump maybe some tricks lol these should be no promble for the cr125

HPIM0515.jpg

Those hills would be a piece of cake for the 125. Or any decent bike. The 125 is a really fun bike and a good learner for perfecting use of the clutch and momentum to get what other bikes get from power. When you move up from a 125 you'll be a much better rider than if you started on a four stroke.... IMO that is.

I bought it do learn how to climb hills and jump maybe some tricks lol these should be no promble for the cr125

HPIM0515.jpg

Looks like Henderson