Sign in to follow this  

Whats It Worth >> Part 2

For those of you who did not read the original thread. I found a 2006 GSXR 750 for $2900 in Maine kijiji. The bike apparently by looking at the pictures in good shape. I am thinking about buying the bike, taking it up here in New Brunswick and sell it for at least $7500 as that is what it is worth if it is ligament.

The seller just emailed me back, after I asked him if it is still for sale:

First of all, please DO NOT REPLY to this e-Mail if you don't have the amount available, or if you don't intend to be serious.

I am from Orlando, Florida.

This is the second time I tried to sell the bike. First time I tried eBay.

Because I always use 100% safe methods, I've sent the bike through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Alaska.

I paid all the shipping fees from my pocket and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because they didn't have the full amount available.

Now I have the bike in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.

If you want to purchase it and only if you are a serious buyer then send me your complete name and address for shipping.

The delivery time will be only 3 days and the motorcycle will be delivered at your home address full registered in your state and under your name.

What do I do now?

Stay away from it ,I would never buy a street bike without first looking at it ,or test ride ,2900 sounds way too good to be true

Amazing turn of events........

from another thread!

Moral of the story, it doesn't matter what kind of road motorcycle you ride. GSXR1000 or a Harley, they are all just as dangerous. And after what I went threw today, I will never ever buy a road motorcycle in my life, there is to many idiots out there. [/Quote]

Now you are out looking for your own sportbike?

Something isn't adding up!

Care to explain?

from another thread!

Care to explain?

I read that one too.....:)

I remember an old saying when I was a kid: "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT PROBABLY IS".

If that ad was legit, that bike would have been gone with in minutes of him putting it online.

Report it to Ebay as a scam and delete the message, as someone else mentioned if it is too good to be true chances are it is not legit.

Good luck finding something else.

HAHAHA.. You really think someone will let go of gsxr 750 for $2900? HAHAHA... scam all the way bro! Seen it a million times.

Unless you can touch it before you hand money over, its a scam*.

*Paypall is fairly effective and is the only exception to the above (option for long distance transactions). But it was a kijiji ad, not an ebay ad, so I still wouldnt touch it.

This crap gets posted in craiglist all the time. Immediate flagging is the only way to deal with it.

I read that one too.....:)

If you read my post more carefully I say:

I am thinking about buying the bike, taking it up here in New Brunswick and sell it for at least $7500 as that is what it is worth if it is ligament.

from another thread!

Care to explain?

I am thinking about buying the bike, taking it up here in New Brunswick and sell it for at least $7500 as that is what it is worth if it is ligament.

:D:)

so you are selling what you consider lethal goods to your fellow man?

You have some serious ethical issues. :worthy:

:banghead: Keep painting yourself into a corner!:ride::banghead: