Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha WR250F vs. Husky TE250

Hey guys, I made a post earlier asking about a Husqvarna WR125, but no dealers in my area have this bike, so I am now looking at a couple of 250F's-The Yamaha WR250F and the Husqvarna TE250.

Which is better for trails? Both are good bikes(both are trail bikes), and the only thing that I know that is different from the Yamaha is fuel injection. I just need to know which bike has more power/torque-which bike is more durable/reliable

Which bike is better?

Thanks

The answer to your question is....both bikes are better.

Better than me, you, and 99.9% of the people on this site.

Now, the question is...what are you going to do with the bike ?

The Husky comes street legal out of the box and that would be the clincher for me, as I live in California. It looks like legality won't matter to you (14 yrs old).

Both bikes are pretty close as far as power, reliability, etc.

Ride one of each if you can.

If that fails, buy either one, knowing that it will give you many years of riding enjoyment.

I rode a 2007 YZ250F and a 2008 TE250. The TE had lots more torque/pull than the YZ-F I rode. I could actually be happy with the TE250 overall. Rode a WR450F and wasn't impressed with the power per displacement. Keep in mind I expect power from a bike because I'm heavy.

I have no idea on durability for the Husky but I haven't heard one bad word about them.

Does the Husqvarna have e-start? I know it has kick-start, which I will probably use 75% of the time, but does it also have e-start for easier starting-If I ride all day(I mean, it has fuel injection, so it will start everytime probably until -20 degrees).

Actually, I believe it has e-start, I looked at the Specs again.