Sign in to follow this  

whats the diff between daves carb v dynojet mod.

Is there any difference between dave's xrl mod ver just insatalling the dynojet kit in a 2000 xr650l?

I am a little nervous drilling holes and if the dynojet kit does the same thing I would rather just re-jet.

I am installing a fmf q2 and uni filter.

I can't say what the difference is, but I did the Dynojet kit, De-Snorkle, De-Smog, Uni-Filter and FMF Q4 and I have a periodic backfire out of the carb. When I get around to it I will move up a size on the slow jet to see if there is improvement.

I think what the bike really needs more compression

Is there any difference between dave's xrl mod ver just insatalling the dynojet kit in a 2000 xr650l?

I am a little nervous drilling holes and if the dynojet kit does the same thing I would rather just re-jet.

I am installing a fmf q2 and uni filter.

The DJET kit doesn't come with a pilot jet which a fatter one will cure the popping/backfires on decel. The DJET comes with a lighter spring for the vacuum slide. It does a similar job of drilling the holes in the slide.

I think after much thought that Dave's mods is the cheapest, and best way to go.

I can't say what the difference is, but I did the Dynojet kit, De-Snorkle, De-Smog, Uni-Filter and FMF Q4 and I have a periodic backfire out of the carb. When I get around to it I will move up a size on the slow jet to see if there is improvement.

I think what the bike really needs more compression

A 55 pilot may be a good choice.