Sign in to follow this  

To all of you who are thinking of making movies of you riding your MX/ATV

I have been locking around in youtube where there is many good MX videos but one thing strikes me. Almost all movies are ruined my terrible music and the volume is soo loud so you dont even hear the bikes at all. so PLEASE STOP PUTTING MUSIC IN YOUR MOVIES!!! anyone with me?

If a video has music I usually won't watch it. I prefer the sound of the bikes to the awful hard rock music choices.

Some people (like myself) put music in to cover up the talking or the instruction shouting.

I make a new video every week with my girls riding and they hate the music too. So I made one without music yesterday and it does sound good with the bikes until you hear dad "dictating" as they call it. Maybe I should just shut up! :)

I can understand wanting to cover up the chatter. But personally I would rather hear someone talking or giving instructions than the music. Who knows I might learn something

I have done both making videos with and without music. I prefer to keep the music out of the video when it is our big bikes (yz250f, crf230f, rm125) but I do put music in when we ride the ttr125 and ttr90 because if I didn't, then there would be no sound at all in the video due to how quiet those bikes are.

I have done both making videos with and without music. I prefer to keep the music out of the video when it is our big bikes (yz250f, crf230f, rm125) but I do put music in when we ride the ttr125 and ttr90 because if I didn't, then there would be no sound at all in the video due to how quiet those bikes are.

it there should be music in the videos this is the way to do it i think

I can understand wanting to cover up the chatter. But personally I would rather hear someone talking or giving instructions than the music. Who knows I might learn something

exactly

see i like it with no music sometimes but if there is the right song playing then it just makes the video that much better

Then what is the right song?? Everyone has their opinion about what music will compliment the video, so there will be some who don't like the choice of music.

Therefore, leave the music out and end the music choice opinions altogether...no music...no controversy....:)

...after all, we all agree that bikes sound great....:D

I agree, if a video's music is overbearing and drowns out the bike I won't watch it either. Although I believe music is sometimes needed when editing a video in order for it to flow better, not just cutting in and out from one scene to the other. Music will give a "choppy" video direction and in turn flow much better. Of course everyone has different taste in music, so not everyone is going to like it.

Although the music in this video is kinda harsh, I chose it because it brings me back to one of the first Crusty movies... but you can still clearly hear the 2 stroke sound in the background. What do you think? :)

great vid, I like the mix of music and sound of he bike. Also the kid ROX!!!

Chris

Then what is the right song?? Everyone has their opinion about what music will compliment the video, so there will be some who don't like the choice of music.

Therefore, leave the music out and end the music choice opinions altogether...no music...no controversy....:)

...after all, we all agree that bikes sound great....:worthy:

The problem is that its almost heavy/speed metal in the videos :D

I agree, if a video's music is overbearing and drowns out the bike I won't watch it either. Although I believe music is sometimes needed when editing a video in order for it to flow better, not just cutting in and out from one scene to the other. Music will give a "choppy" video direction and in turn flow much better. Of course everyone has different taste in music, so not everyone is going to like it.

Although the music in this video is kinda harsh, I chose it because it brings me back to one of the first Crusty movies... but you can still clearly hear the 2 stroke sound in the background. What do you think? :)

Better without :D

I just like the videos where there is music, and then on about 25-40% of the video the sound of the bikes are playing over the music.

I have been locking around in youtube where there is many good MX videos but one thing strikes me. Almost all movies are ruined my terrible music and the volume is soo loud so you dont even hear the bikes at all. so PLEASE STOP PUTTING MUSIC IN YOUR MOVIES!!! anyone with me?

+1...it should be a crime to cover a crisp 2-stroke that is on the pipe.

well most of the time music is inserted, because of the wind noise on helmet cams, for my videos anyway. I try to insert the bike noise whenever possible.

I like music for the most part, I think as long as it goes with the video, and if it is edited right then it can make the video better.

Sometimes music covers up mistakes (missed shifts!); somethimes it gives a marginal video some flow, as mentioned; or maybe it's covering up wind noise from a badly placed microphone; for mine, it usually is for covering up a not-so-interesting detuned 4 stroke ('08 XT250) putting along in 1st and 2nd :).

You'll always offend someone when you add music.

Latest one, no music-