Sign in to follow this  

Best place to buy a Scotts Steering Stabilizer..

Can anybody recommend a good place to buy a Scotts Steering Stabilizer? I found this place, anybody used them before?

http://www.mavin.com/index.php/products/scotts-steering-stabilizer

They sell the unit for $220. Scotts sells a above the handlebar mount kit for $140. This totals around $360 w/o tax. Thats around $90 cheaper than if I buy the whole kit through Scotts. Anybody got a better deal?

Thanks,

LJ

Can anybody recommend a good place to buy a Scotts Steering Stabilizer? I found this place, anybody used them before?

http://www.mavin.com/index.php/products/scotts-steering-stabilizer

They sell the unit for $220. Scotts sells a above the handlebar mount kit for $140. This totals around $360 w/o tax. Thats around $90 cheaper than if I buy the whole kit through Scotts. Anybody got a better deal?

Thanks,

LJ

call Scott's about Mavin, I think you will find their deal is not so good. If you notice there's no arm on the stabilizer. amongst other things. done been down that road and it's a dead end.

its only 30 dollars for a new link arm, which would still be like a 90 dollar savings. if you didn't live in cali or tennesse where tax applies

its only 30 dollars for a new link arm, which would still be like a 90 dollar savings. if you didn't live in cali or tennesse where tax applies

I am telling ya though, there's more to it than that. it's no deal. call Scott's and get the full story. I am not going into details here.

I am telling ya though, there's more to it than that. it's no deal. call Scott's and get the full story. I am not going into details here.

I wasn't going to buy from them anyways. but I know the tt store will give you 10%off, so its close to 400 dollars, and they are in arizona correct? so no sales tax on the cali guys

220+8.25%(18.15)=238.15+s/h add on 30 dollar link arm is about 270, plus the 130 dollar kit, 400.

way I see it, just support tt and get one from them

Thanks guys for pointing out the missing link arm. I figured something must be missing. As usual, if it's to good to be true, then it's to good to be true..

I'll support TT!

LJ.

The cheapest I have seen is $440 for the stabilizer and lower bar mount kit on E-bay. What is the TT store selling it for as I can't call them at work?

Would you mind sharing a few details? I ask because I'm considering purchasing this as well. However, my bike has everything BUT the stabilizer - I bought it used, and the previous owner took off the stabilizier, but kept the other hardware on the bike.

Thanks.

Yesterday I was at 3Bros KTM in Costa Mesa and I had the pleasure of meeting the Scott behind Scott's. I asked him a few questions and he answered them in great detail. Quality product I like it alot! I also got the big knob for the stabilizer and it works wonders for on the fly adjustments.

Would you mind sharing a few details? I ask because I'm considering purchasing this as well. However, my bike has everything BUT the stabilizer - I bought it used, and the previous owner took off the stabilizier, but kept the other hardware on the bike.

Thanks.

call Scott's, they will be happy to explain it. I have all the other parts as well and only needed the stabilizer.

call Scott's, they will be happy to explain it. I have all the other parts as well and only needed the stabilizer.

I'll see if I can get an answer from Scott's. The story I heard was the only difference is that "Ohlins" was printed on the front instead of "Scotts".

Come to think of it, why would Scott's be honest? They would want you to buy their damper. The only one to know the honest story would be Ohlins right? Ohlins is the mfg. Scotts is the US importer, who wants to sell their damper, and not lose business to Mavin, who bought from Ohlins.

Come to think of it, why would Scott's be honest? They would want you to buy their damper. The only one to know the honest story would be Ohlins right? Ohlins is the mfg. Scotts is the US importer, who wants to sell their damper, and not lose business to Mavin, who bought from Ohlins.

I believe scotts is the only dealer authorized in usa to sell ohlins products. last time I checked that is

Okay, I just bought my Steering Stabilizer, top mount for $425 (no tax, free shipping) through TT. I think that is a good deal considering I've seen them for around $450.

Yep, I think my blistered fingers and arthritic shoulder (cause by the last nervous handling bike I had (rm250)) will be glad. Heck, even my wife is happy, I told her it was a piece of safety equipment, and she said ORDER IT, no questions asked!

Yep, I think my blistered fingers and arthritic shoulder (cause by the last nervous handling bike I had (rm250)) will be glad. Heck, even my wife is happy, I told her it was a piece of safety equipment, and she said ORDER IT, no questions asked!

I moved my bars to the furthest back position and wow what a difference. someone suggested it too me, and it handles like a dream in the sand.

still... all bikes imho need the stabilizer incase of hitting a rock, but the bikes almost as stable as my 1/2 the turning yamaha.

this was the only thing i didn't like, but now I have a bike, where I love the suspension, handling, power, looks.

Hey WR250fCaptain,

you said you moved the bars all the way back to help with the handling? Does that mean they are mounted closer to the gas tank, or closer to the front wheel?

How tall are you? Why do think it makes a difference?

Thanks,

LJ.