Sign in to follow this  

Switching from a '98 YZ to A '98 KX, diffrences?

hey

Ive just sold my '98 YZ125 and possibly getting a '98 KX250. since they are the same year and there are almost no diffrences between a 125 and a 250 i was hoping to find a 1998 125cc or 250cc mx shootout but couldnt find any on the net or neither in my old mags. however i ran a search over TT and some guys say that the KX in 98 was the crowned winner on many shootouts.

thing is, i didnt really loved the suspension and handling on my YZ, how did the KX performed in 98 in those areas? should i expect something better? BTW couldnt find weight specification on the 98 KX250, somebody know what that is?

hey

Ive just sold my '98 YZ125 and possibly getting a '98 KX250. since they are the same year and there are almost no diffrences between a 125 and a 250 i was hoping to find a 1998 125cc or 250cc mx shootout but couldnt find any on the net or neither in my old mags. however i ran a search over TT and some guys say that the KX in 98 was the crowned winner on many shootouts.

thing is, i didnt really loved the suspension and handling on my YZ, how did the KX performed in 98 in those areas? should i expect something better? BTW couldnt find weight specification on the 98 KX250, somebody know what that is?

The 97/98 kx250 was the shootout winner in every mag. It would be an excellent bike. Its suspension willl be better, and it will have a lot more power than your yz.

I cant empasize enough that the KX will have ALOT more power. :)

I rode a YZ125 97/98 and was always screaming the thing to get it to move. Your YZ turns better.

I cant empasize enough that the KX will have ALOT more power.

That bike was a monster.