Sign in to follow this  

New 250x

Just bought a 07 250x! Suppose to have less then 2 tanks of easy riding, no scratches, no falls, and basically brand new. Have to go pick it up the 23rd in La. It's going to be a plated woods/trail bike with some country roads thrown in and a little playing on the local mx track.

Will need radiator guards and bark busters for sure and probably a skid plate since I will be on gravel roads. Anything else you would feel a necessity?

WWM

Just bought a 07 250x! Suppose to have less then 2 tanks of easy riding, no scratches, no falls, and basically brand new. Have to go pick it up the 23rd in La. It's going to be a plated woods/trail bike with some country roads thrown in and a little playing on the local mx track.

Will need radiator guards and bark busters for sure and probably a skid plate since I will be on gravel roads. Anything else you would feel a necessity?

WWM

A JD Jet Kit and if you would like the stock exhaust setup off the 2005 or earlier 250R which can be had for about 80 bucks from service honda. I have that setup on my 07 X and she rips

if your tall, I would say pick up some bar risers. I'm 6'4" and standing kinda sucks without them.

I'm 5'9" so I'll try it out and see how it fits. Thanks for the replies and links!

I am 6 ft and found this rise for the bars a comfy set up for the standing position.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=55211

Where did you get those? I would like a set

I am 6 ft and found this rise for the bars a comfy set up for the standing position.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=55211

wow Jake!

now that is a riser!!! LOL!

I'm 6' and I do just fine with my Pro-taper non riser set up. But I do run a CR high bend.

well, I do bend my knees when I ride:prof:

wow Jake!

now that is a riser!!! LOL!

I'm 6' and I do just fine with my Pro-taper non riser set up. But I do run a CR high bend.

well, I do bend my knees when I ride:prof:

Yeah that is what most people say when they see it. My bud who rides a WR really poked fun at me for them, until he rode it.... he was really surp[rised that he liked it. It was sort of a cheap way to find out how high I wanted the bar. Now I can't see going to a protaper til the bars are wrecked, cause now that my arm is better I am spending my cash on gas instead of parts.

• Like 1

Well, I just got home with it. I knew it was going to be peppier then the 230 but holy cow:eek: It was a little hard to start on the first cold start and when I ran it down the road and was in 5th if I rolled on the throttle I heard a few ticks. Sounded like it was coming from the engine area:confused: If this isn't normal I will contact the seller and take it to my mechanic for a spin.

I don't think I will be needing any extra power from a jet kit but if it helps with the starting/smoother idle I will get one. Had to start it with choke and run it with it on for a bit even after it warmed up.

btw.Thanks for all the links and help so far:thumbsup:

Mine is a little cold natured, a rejet should help that, but I haven't cause it has good throttle response and after I get it to start it is fine. I start it for the first time of the day, then put on my helmet and gloves while it idles with the choke on. By then it will usually idle and run smooth when the choke is turned off. Really cold like in the thirties I have to give it a little throttle to get it to warm up without dieing, even with the choke.