Sign in to follow this  

Left a National Pro in MY dust!

Last night, I'm sitting around watching the Olympics with my kids, something boring like tandem diving, feeling lazy, eating some icecream, thinking I should workout and I'd really like to be riding when I hear a dirtbike coming up the driveway. Hmmmmmmmmm who's sneaking up to ride?

It was my cousin Joe, one of the top national flattrackers and one of the cousin's I used to babysit when we were all kids. Yeah, he's fast, but he's still just one of my cousins. So he stops & hollers up to us "Anyone wanna ride?" Well, the kid is still not recovered from his ACL replacement nearly 2 weeks ago and the daughter's not much for riding anymore so I hollered back, "Yeah, if you can wait for me."

So I put my icecream bowl in the dishwasher and scrambled to get all my gear on while Joe took a quick spin over, across Two Creeks. My son was outside messing with his new used pickup when I came down to get my bike fired up. By the time I had the 5hunny lit, the kid commented that I should be able to head over Two Creeks since we didn't hear Joe's bike anymore.

Off I go, looking as far ahead as I can on the narrow trail with grass up to my handlebars hiding all the goodies along the trail with the sun in my eyes and my dusty, should have been cleaned goggles. Luckily, Joe had stopped at the top of Two Creeks on his way back to our house and heard me so he waited there for me.

He commented that it was really hard to see heading back towards the house and he already had one incident with a hidden stump. We decided to do the run to the Powerlines and I offered to let him go ahead since it was pretty dusty and he's faster than me. But no, he said to go ahead and he'd wait a bit for the dust to settle. Okay, so I left him in my dust!

I tried to get him to lead on the way back but again he said, nope, go ahead. I think he figured it was easier to follow me than it was to lead and worry that I'd crash and need help. :) I hit the house and shortly afterwards Joe was there, said a quick "Thanks!" and off he went back home.

I had to brag to my kids that Yeah, I left him in my dust, like he was sittin still. (Of course he was sitting still when I left but, that's beside the point).

• Like 1

maybe he had to get over his misty eyes from the hidden stump(no cryin' now:D) maybe he was busy looking for the flat parts :), I bet it felt gooooood!!!!

wah, the summer's almost over!!!!!

Just to be clear, Joe coulda caught me easily but he didn't want to eat the dust so he just hung back. He's one of those amazingly fast woods guys that even Karl and the kid can't really keep up with.

Summer can be over, as long as we have a lonnnnnggggg fall!

bbbom, im still amazed that you ride a 500. thats just way awesome. your a badass!

btw i'm trying to find a custom buttpatch place that says either BBBOM (since i know it means big bad blonde on motorcycle) or KTM Princess. :)

BBBOM (since i know it means big bad blonde on motorcycle) :)

There seems to be some confusion on the bbbom acronym? So whats up with the confusion. Lori clear this up.:D

There seems to be some confusion on the bbbom acronym? So whats up with the confusion. Lori clear this up.:)

I'm blonde so I'm always confused Katy! The bbbom acronym was originally given to me by a coworker when I'd just started working at my current position back in 1997. I was feuding with a nutso old man neighbor that was trying to close my easement road off. I was venting to one of my coworkers and said something to the effect that I was going to kick his arse and my coworker said "Well that would make you the big bad blonde on the mountain.":applause:

I liked it! Then when the internet dirtbike forums first started up about 1997 and screennames were invented and I was interested in riding I signed up on one of the original dirtbike forums Extreme Dirtbikes or XDB.com as bbbom "Big Bad Blonde ona Motorcycle" but with my easy going petite and dainty personality, that has been modified to various other meanings. :worthy:

After seeing that stick in the neck of Katy though, I don't feel nearly as big and bad as I used to!:D

hmmm, let's see

big bad blond on a motorhome

big bad blond on a milkshake

big bad blond on a mouse

big bad blond on a moose

big bad bolnd on a mukluk

big bad blond on a marble

big bad blond on a moonpie

yeah, big bad blond on a motorcycle/mountain definately sounds more badass!!!!

I'm blonde so I'm always confused Katy! The bbbom acronym was originally given to me by a coworker when I'd just started working at my current position back in 1997. I was feuding with a nutso old man neighbor that was trying to close my easement road off. I was venting to one of my coworkers and said something to the effect that I was going to kick his arse and my coworker said "Well that would make you the big bad blonde on the mountain.":applause:

I liked it! Then when the internet dirtbike forums first started up about 1997 and screennames were invented and I was interested in riding I signed up on one of the original dirtbike forums Extreme Dirtbikes or XDB.com as bbbom "Big Bad Blonde ona Motorcycle" but with my easy going petite and dainty personality, that has been modified to various other meanings. :D

After seeing that stick in the neck of Katy though, I don't feel nearly as big and bad as I used to!:)

I guess I'm confused too. I was told one of the B's represented your chest area.

I was something like big, boobed, blonde on motorcycles. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! The pun was intended. Take Care:thumbsup:

Ha! It could be but with a CP on it's hard to tell! Nice pun BTW! :)

Tell Joe to keep up the riding.... Been folowing his emails...(that guy can type for days).....Havent seen anything lately as to where he is in points as of late. Last I seen he was in 1st if i remember that or he was 3 points back? Cant remember which way that swing went.

Yes, his race reports are very detailed, I always feel like I just finished a race too when I read them, butterflies & all. I taught him everything he knows too! :)

I'm not sure where he is in overall right now, it's been awhile since I saw a race report too. I'll pass on the word when I see him though Mitch.