Sign in to follow this  

When is the 2009 DRZ400SM Out???

Hi, my girlfriend has been looking for a new or used DRZ400SM, used are very hard to find usually and the cycletrader in Southern California has not even 1. She prefers to buy new, but no dealers know when the 2009 comes out. Today I called LA Yamaha or OTD Cylesports 10 mins. ago and they have 0 2008's left and couldn't quote me when the 2009's will show up. Does anyone on here know when I can expect to see a 2009? Thanks!

My local dealer told me Sept, but when they take delivery of the 1st one is anyones guess. With you being in CA also changes things, because the bikes have slight differences.

there are of course no differences from 07 or 08 other than "bold new graphics". I think someone mentioned that prices might be going up, so its probably in your interest to look around for an 08 or 07.

I just took an 07 a couple of months ago - brand new (warranty still covers you from date of purchase). Oddly enough, even though its brand new, same price and still under warranty, youll find the insurance is cheaper and so are the tags in some states.

Mountain Motorsports in Ontario had both an S and SM model a couple weeks ago. Might be worth giving them a call and see if they still have them. The S was blue and the SM black.

I actually would prefer a white 2008, there are none to be found around here, they sell really well. I couldn't believe the used prices around the country, I think in So Cal they sell really well. Most used ones to be found are around 5K and I found only 1 available on cycletrader.com for 5600, which is a yellow 2007. I can get a new one for $6200 so I'll wait if I have to, however I'm not liking the new graphics on the 2009, but thats just graphics. I haven't heard about any price increase though...I can see why they would go up in price with no changes.

Mountain Motorsports in Ontario had both an S and SM model a couple weeks ago. Might be worth giving them a call and see if they still have them. The S was blue and the SM black.

Yeah, thanks! I called them a few days ago but they didn't have any. It seems that anyone that does have on wants a lot for it. I know everyone that buys them gets them for around $6200 OTD and we're not willing to pay a bunch more for one. OTD Cyclesports will give me a call when the 2009's are in and they are $6,200 OTD so I might get a new one also.

Yeah, if you're going to get picky about color you're probably going to have to buy an '09 off the lot once they start coming in. If you want to save a few you're going to have to take whats available. As you have discovered, there's not much available! I've said it several times already but the market here is SoCal has blown up. I know I could sell my '06 with less than 700 miles and make a profit. I paid $3600 for it only a month ago.

Yeah, if you're going to get picky about color you're probably going to have to buy an '09 off the lot once they start coming in. If you want to save a few you're going to have to take whats available. As you have discovered, there's not much available! I've said it several times already but the market here is SoCal has blown up. I know I could sell my '06 with less than 700 miles and make a profit. I paid $3600 for it only a month ago.

$3,600? Wow.....you sure could make a profit, pick up an easy $1,000 just like that....anyways I found a few on craigslist and 1 on cycletrader.com but nothing worth buying used.

Hi, my girlfriend has been looking for a new or used DRZ400SM, used are very hard to find usually and the cycletrader in Southern California has not even 1. She prefers to buy new, but no dealers know when the 2009 comes out. Today I called LA Yamaha or OTD Cylesports 10 mins. ago and they have 0 2008's left and couldn't quote me when the 2009's will show up. Does anyone on here know when I can expect to see a 2009? Thanks!

Suzuki of Van Nuys has a white one on their floor right now...well, at least they did about a week or so ago...not sure if it was an 07 or 08...might be worth a call..

Hi all, I just called the dealer (Toledo Ohio area) yesterday to tell him I want a 400SM. They have none in stock:cry: He has not called back yet today so I would guess the '08 supply is pretty dried up.

Anyhow, when searching for info on when the 2009's would be available I came across this so at least they are starting to trickle out to the dealers.:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50027&viewitem=&item=120293803712&_trksid=p3907.m29

Hi all, I just called the dealer (Toledo Ohio area) yesterday to tell him I want a 400SM. They have none in stock:cry: He has not called back yet today so I would guess the '08 supply is pretty dried up.

Anyhow, when searching for info on when the 2009's would be available I came across this so at least they are starting to trickle out to the dealers.:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50027&viewitem=&item=120293803712&_trksid=p3907.m29

Ya I noticed 09's hit ebay this past week also so they should be on the west coast soon, although the dealers here have no eta as of yet.

Ew. Hate the new graphics!

Ya, I'm hating the graphics too. My girlfriend wanted the 08' in white and I think the white/blue looked alright. They new gold barbed wire looks like a bad design on the graphics. It's amazing how the graphics make the bike look so much worse, and the bike is the same otherwise.

I think someone mentioned that prices might be going up, so its probably in your interest to look around for an 08 or 07.

MFSR Cost went up $100 according to the Suzuki Site. The white/blue looks MUCH NICER IN PERSON. Viewing it via the Web it looks SOSO

Ya, I'm hating the graphics too. My girlfriend wanted the 08' in white and I think the white/blue looked alright. They new gold barbed wire looks like a bad design on the graphics. It's amazing how the graphics make the bike look so much worse, and the bike is the same otherwise.

PM Sent!:)

i had to go to cycle world in new jeresy to buy mine and they actually had two on the floor. i could not find a single one in pennsylvania. still waiting for my pa registration in the mail, my temp tag expires int 2 days, damn

Woods Fun Center in Austin Texas has had one for a couple weeks. White '09

I was just in there and they still have the white 2009.

The frame is black which is cool and it does look better in person... but I still don't like the graphics. :)

I like the white 08(mine) and I'm still a big fan of the yellow 06 and 07s.