Sign in to follow this  

Starting YZ250F

I have had problems with my YZ250F kickstarting. I have to change the spark plug to a new one before it will start and if you dont fire it up each day it is a pain to start. Any suggestions? Please help.

Yamaha4Life

Give us a better description, what year is the bike? Is the plug wet when you pull it out? What are doing when the bike is cold initially to get it to fire up? I have owned three YZ 250F's at this point, 06-08 and they all like the same drill cold. Gas on, choke on, one full throttle input, kick - fires up first kick every time with this method for me. Proper jetting is also key, check your fuel screw, pilot size and float height.

Let us know.

I have a 06 YZ250F. When i pull out the plug it looks normal. I turn gas on,choke,kick. Whats the fuel screw supposed to be at? And how can you tell where its at. Used to having the shop do everything for me but im tired of paying the high labor charges. Thanks for the help.

Yamaha4Life

the wiseest hing to do would be to have ur vale clearance checked it is simple to do and if u stay on top of it it will increase the valve and engine life, i would almost gaurentee thats ur problem, u should check them every 10 hours at the most, and just follow the steps i n ur manuel