Sign in to follow this  

rs2 Cleaning

So i searched

and searched

and searched

and googled the interweb machine.

Came up empty handed. So any TT approved cleaners to be used on said exhaust? I figured any regular say bbq ss cleaner would work fine, but i did not want to wreck my brand new exhaust.

Took a 10 hour ride up to a new job site and they did some tarring on the highway at some points and well my bike is a bit of a mess. Its not too bad with it being satin black, but the exhaust has some specs here and there that are driving me crazy.

pics of the bike/exhaust in question thanks in advance.

P1010006.jpg

I can't see the exhaust, but have you tried a good quality auto bug and tar remover yet?

Unpainted, any good solvent as I mentioned above. If somethiong is really stuck/melted on, a rag, dampened with the solvent, layed on the area and let the solvent do the work. If there is grit in the gunk, rubbing it will cause the grit to scratch the metal. Just keep it away from any painted or non-metalic parts.

thanks good to know.

as for the pipe same goes? just dont want to tarnish it.

For the head and mid pipe, I had the same issue....I used 000 Steel wool on it. It removed everything without leaving any scratches or scours whatsoever. My mechanic reccomended it and showed me on another bike before I did it. Worked great.