Advice on DR350

I have a 1996 DR350se. This is the dual sport version with electric start. It does not have the same suspension as the dirt only model. Starting in 1997 Suzuki started using the better dirt 350 suspension on both models. I love the bike, though. It is reliable, easy to service, and tough.

Good luck with your new 350.

Carl

1998 and 1999 have the upgraded suspension and front brakes. Not a huge difference from the earlier models, front end gets a cartridge fork and the rear has a rebound ajustment along with better valving.

Treat the bike like any other when looking at it. Check the wheel and swingarm bearings for looseness, straight rims and tight spokes, easy starting and normal engine sounds (light valve ticking is normal). Make sure the transmission shifts easily and can be shifted easily into neutral with the engine running and the bike stopped. Worn paint on the frane rails above the pegs suggest it has be ridden off-road a bit (with boots), If no paint is worn off the bike has probably been ridden mostly on the street. Look at the rubber bottoming cushion on the rear shock. If it is chewed up, split, or missing chances are good the bike has been ridden hard- jumped and abused.

i tried a 1993 DR350 today...god!

took forever to start, once warmed I put the choke back and pop.. kablewie.. crackle. This thing backfired during deceleration like a Browning machine gun.

When warm the thing was still hard to start, thats with the routine starting method.

Even at $950, I realized how much I love my 2005 Dr200se and I would rather be slow.

• 3 weeks later...