New lamps or new top end:

Ok, so the man is actually planning ahead for our anniversary and he's hinted that he's horded some extra $$$ for my enjoyment. Not expecting that at all. Wow. I kinda feel bad because I haven't planned anything!

The KDX could use some maintenance. Like a new top end and some other minor stuff. But I won't be riding until fall.

I've hated the lamps in our bedroom for the last, er, 10 years or so....and I found these: http://home-decor.hsn.com/tiffany-style-simulated-crystal-glass-charm-table-lamp_p-4080473_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=4080473&sf=hd&dept=hd0070&ocm=HD|hd0070&prev=hp!sf!dept&ccm=HD|hd0070

I like the "blue" ones. Although the "neutral" is pretty cool too.

Decisions, decisions!

or go to a thrift store and find some lamps and use the leftover money for a new topend

I ALREADY have nice (ugly) used lamps. Why would I want more?

I know I'll WISH I'd gotten the new top end later. But I see the lamps everyday and I've been wanting NICE lamps for a while.

I ALREADY have nice (ugly) used lamps. Why would I want more?

I know I'll WISH I'd gotten the new top end later. But I see the lamps everyday and I've been wanting NICE lamps for a while.

Ok, forgive me...I'm not the most home interiors person...I love Ikea and Target for their simplicity. What makes a lamp "nice" to you? Not sure if it means $XX.xx or just a look or a special feature you're looking for. I don't know what your room is like either. We went everywhere looking for lamps and other house things and guess where we ended up finding the lamps we loved and bought? Home Depot ?

Perhaps you could find some NICER used lamps and still be able to spring for your bike stuff.

My issue is, we've spent money on stuff I didn't really like but it filled a need (like light). I'm not spending MORE money on crap I don't want. I rather keep the ugly lamps I hate than blow money on another crap replacement. If I really wanted to go cheep, I could buy new shades for the lamps and spray paint the base, which isn't such a bad idea.

Sorry.

Ok, forgive me...I'm not the most home interiors person...I love Ikea and Target for their simplicity. What makes a lamp "nice" to you? Not sure if it means $XX.xx or just a look or a special feature you're looking for. I don't know what your room is like either. We went everywhere looking for lamps and other house things and guess where we ended up finding the lamps we loved and bought? Home Depot ?

Home depot has nice stuff too. I really like Tiffany Style lamps. Blues and greens. It's hard to find cut glass lamps in simple forms that aren't, er, way too girly.

Maybe I should just go be practical again and get wheel bearings for the truck.