Sign in to follow this  

XR 250 L life expectancy

I'm looking at a 1995 XR250L with 11,000 miles. From the outside it looks to be in good condition. What about that many miles? Go for it or stay clear? How much longer does it have?

Your comments

I've had a couple with more miles than that on them. The valve stem seals dry out, especially if the bike isn't used much ... causes them to smoke a little on startup. I'd call that pretty low miles if the bike had its oil changed regularly. You can always run a compression test on it. I really like those bikes ... some basic mods with a good rider, and they were a lot of fun in the woods back when I lived in Ohio.

Forever. With good maintenance, your good for up to 30,000 miles. I've seen it.

I got a 94 with 16000 on it and no problems yet. I do plan on a 280 kit this year though. Had it since new and just oil changes and a couple valve sets. Starts first second kick everytime!

I have a 94 250L with 10,500 on it, its basically my beater bike, it doesnt get used much but when it does i thrash the hell out of it. Im waiting for the ****er to break but it just doesnt:ride:

Those good old XR's are the most reliable off-road ready bikes ever made, thank you Honda:applause: