Sign in to follow this  

E model camshaft identification

I bought a set of used E cams on Fleabay.

From a search I found a post were Eddie stated:

A/B are E cams.D/E are S/SM cams.

The cams I bought have "A" stamped on the intake and "C" on the exhaust.

What is with the "C"? Eddie do you know?

Thanks for any input

I bought a set of used E cams on Fleabay.

From a search I found a post were Eddie stated:

A/B are E cams.D/E are S/SM cams.

The cams I bought have "A" stamped on the intake and "C" on the exhaust.

What is with the "C"? Eddie do you know?

Thanks for any input

not sure about the c on the ex. is the cam sprocket fixed or does it have bolts in it

didn't the kicker only bike have diferent letters on the cams but they ware the same profile as the "E" cams ???

I cant remember. . . but I know that I bot a set of "K" or kicker cams off Ebay and they worked grake

way back when Eddie sead they ware the same as "E" cams

but I cant remember the letters

So are the drz cams and are the E model?

Yeah, I sent you that E ex cam for you to give it a look. Next time I am down your way I'll stop and pick it up. I am not too concerned about it. Could the compression release be swapped from the strange "C" cam to the one with the broken compression release. I have a hydraulic press, but would it be worth the trouble?

Eddie, thanks for your time and professional input :)

I should stop being a cheap bastard and just buy Hot Cams or the RHC cams. I got this set for $37 and the set with the broken compression release for $50, so the price was definitely right. I purchased this set to replace the exhaust cam with the broken compression release. Here is link to the auction with the set that has the "C" exhaust cam.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140252216176&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004

Only solution is to put the "C" cam in a motor and measure lift and duration.

Could it possibly be from an early CA "E"? Maybe a transition from the real "E" cams to the std "S" cams?

As for the auto decompressor, I have not had one in my motor for 5 years. I consider it a liability.

dpsmith....... I WAS BIDDING AGAINST YOU... I didn't want to pay too much for them based on the way the bike looked....and the fact that the guy didn't have any pictures that showed the letters....

dpsmith....... I WAS BIDDING AGAINST YOU... I didn't want to pay too much for them based on the way the bike looked....and the fact that the guy didn't have any pictures that showed the letters....

I did not see where he posted a picture of the bike. I ended up buying four items from him all super cheap. I bought the RR and CDI ($23 and $18 respectively) to have as spares. I paid for priority shipping and it took 2 wks to receive the items. I was beginning to think he stiffed me. I emailed him several times and he never responded. The other items are as described. This "C" cam is the only odd item.

I meant the pictures of the engine he was selling... he parted out the entire bike.... I watching several of his items...

can't you just measure the lobes & compare with E model cam specs.?

the factory service manual gives the low end specs. of the cams.

i recorded the measurement of E cams a while back. i can look that up later & compare it to what your cam measures.

Well, I made the pilgrimage south 1 hour to Eddie's shop this last Friday. He confirmed my "C" marked cam was indeed an E model exhaust cam. I put these E cams in my S on Sunday. My butt dyno feels a moderate gain. Definitely worth the $37 I paid for them. Install time was about an hour including checking valve clearances. :busted::blah:

Eddie thanks again for your time and the Dyno run. 👍:worthy: