Sign in to follow this  

video editing

m looking at making a video of riding clips. what is a good,free, and easy to use program that i can download?

windows movie maker?? cant really go wrong

WMM will be the easiest to learn IMO. But if your looking for something really good sony vegas is the way to go. If you look at my thread i edited that video in WMM. Yes the graphics do suck but that is not the programs fault its the compressing and everything that youtube does.

Yeah either one of those will work fine. You may need to download a video converter as well. I just bought Vegas Movie Studio 8. For the price its the best out there. I like it much better than premiere. To start with Windows movie maker comes free on all Win XP. It is very simple to use.

Here are some of my videos to give you an idea on different video types. It really all comes down to the quality of the video shot. IF you have a crappy camera it is really going to show when you do a comp video. You can see in these that some of my friends have less quality videos that have to be converted and it doesn't come out very good.

Vegas Movie Studio

adobe premiere

Windows movie maker

My video files were the .mov extension. I download the RAD Tools program to convert them to .avi. When I did that, they came out all in slow motion. What adjustments do I need to make in the conversion process to make them look normal? Thanks.

My video files were the .mov extension. I download the RAD Tools program to convert them to .avi. When I did that, they came out all in slow motion. What adjustments do I need to make in the conversion process to make them look normal? Thanks.

avi is one of the worst files. If you can convert to a mpeg, that usually works pretty good. I convert all of my .avi files to .mpg.

Try that and it should be fine.

I use Final Cut Studio 2 but it is far from free. DO NOT GO WITH WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER. And the rest of the programs that they mentioned besides a free trial are not even close to free. The best thing to do is to find a program on ebay for cheap that hasn't been registered. That's how I got final cut studio 2 the TOP OF THE LINE (USED BY THE COHEN BROS.) Any of the above, though, with an exception to windows movie maker, are outstanding.

avi is one of the worst files. If you can convert to a mpeg, that usually works pretty good. I convert all of my .avi files to .mpg.

Try that and it should be fine.

Actually an mp4 would be better i think:thumbsup:

Final Cut or iMovie are the best apps to use. Not free and run on Mac. Best results though.

First question..What editor are you using? Because you should even have to do that(the converting) you should just be able to import the file and drop it on your timeline. But if not, then id say the best thing to do is make sure your frame rate is at 29.97 when converting. :)

Final Cut or iMovie are the best apps to use. Not free and run on Mac. Best results though.

you are correct but......if you dont now how to use FCP then you might as well just use i movie or some basic program because about 95% of the ppl that make videos and put them on youtube all use the same little predone opens and what not. FCP does not give you all of that. you have to make them in other programs such as livetype, PS, aftereffect, etc. then import them.

Actually an mp4 would be better i think:thumbsup:

Yes but it makes the final product way too big to upload. Some of the video software won't take mp4 either. but yes they are better quality.

I have sony vegas 7 and when i import a clip i want to edit i cannot see the preview of the video. I can hear the audio however. They are in .avi format i dont know if thats the problem.........:D:worthy::ride::banghead::)

I have sony vegas 7 and when i import a clip i want to edit i cannot see the preview of the video. I can hear the audio however. They are in .avi format i dont know if thats the problem.........:D:worthy::ride::banghead::)

Yes Vegas will support the sound but not .avi video. You have to convert to mpg before you import into Vegas.