Sign in to follow this  

rear 250f rims

Are they all the same just have to put ur sproket on it ????? found an excel rim for 50 bucks with 90% rear tire should i just get it or find out what kind of bike its off of???

They are not the same. Dimensions are different for different manufacturers. Similar bikes within a manufacturer may match up. For example a late model CR250 will have a compatible wheel with a late model CRF450 but crossing over manufacturers will not work.

If it has the same number of spokes you should be fine on the late model stuff. I swap rims all the time.

If it doesn't work as it is, you could always swap the hub from your rim into it.

That would work as lomg as therims are both the same size. But my bikes CRF250X and CRF70 both came with Excel and D.I.D rims, I never remember which is on which.

This is true for the most part. 250 and 450 hondas run 32 spokes in the rear while everyone else runs 36 in the rear. I figured you were talking about the wheel as a whole, which would not transfer across manufacturers but just rims will transfer if you relace a new hub to it.

This is true for the most part. 250 and 450 hondas run 32 spokes in the rear while everyone else runs 36 in the rear. I figured you were talking about the wheel as a whole, which would not transfer across manufacturers but just rims will transfer if you relace a new hub to it.

yep :)