Sign in to follow this  

2008 yz250 handlind? How you make it better

how do you make a 2008 yz250 corner better:applause: ? can you change the fork angle or what? if you can do anything to it, can you tell me how. thanks:thumbsup:

On my 06, the forks like to be 10mm up in the clamps. It corners much better.

If that doesn't quite do it for you then you can get some offset clamps. I think the 23.5 offset seems to be the popular choice.

Sag is huge on this bike as it probably is with most bikes. But the YZ doesn't like to turn sharp if there is too much sag. If sag is set correctly, raise the forks up in the clamps in 5mm increments. Still not good, play with your rebound in the forks.

You also have to define "better" There are ways of making it more stable, less stable, quicker steering or slower steering. Before you buy anything, decide what you want.

I believe step 1 has to be to give the stock 739 front tire to the guy you want to beat. Then again, I am not sure the 08 was supplied with that tire anyway.

Here was some direct advise on making my yz turn more like an RM 250 from someone who knows quite a bit about yz 250's. I dont have the persons permission to use his/her/its name, so I wont do so. I included "it" as I REALLY dont know nor do I care to know.

"Roland, thats a great all around bike and I don't think you can ever get it to RM250-like turning. But on the other hand, you will also have stability that a RM does not have.

I would suggest 22.5 offsets (which u have) and maybe some races (which u cannot buy) to help it turn. Slide ur forks up and file your sub-frame slots 2.5 mm which is 5mm on the back to help a little bit....but the 22.5 clamps is the biggest change u can make for turning.

You can also try going faster! You ever see Reedy turn? He makes the 450 look like an 80....I'm just sayin...

Hope I helped."

• Like 1

how do you make a 2008 yz250 corner better:applause: ? can you change the fork angle or what? if you can do anything to it, can you tell me how. thanks:thumbsup:

is this not enough for a great-turning bike in stock form :)

25004al9.jpg

apart from the '09, the '08 should be the best turning bike since yami shaved-off 2 lbs at the front-end that year.

also found out that softening your forks (i only trail ride) improves your turning a lot and in sucking those ruts and whoopy holes